GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my GTR this morning and nothing happened The battery is OK, all the lights seem to be coming on ok, but.....Silence

What areas should I be looking in?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
My Pulsar did this ... was a shot alternator - I think (Tony at Abbey's probably recalls it better than I do). The car made absolutely no attempt to start ... yet the battery was ok.

Jae has had a problem with his battery recently ... car would make a "ratatatatatatatat" when trying to start - but nothing else. I believe he said his lights, etc were coming on ok. Still turned out to be the battery though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hi sean, have u got sum sort of engine immobiliser on thats not turning itself off, might be worth looking at, hope u get it sorted mate.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Is the starter motor turning at all?

Could be something as daft as a blown fuse.

·
Registered
854 Posts
may sound too obvious but ive had the live wire fall off the back of the starter before(although not on my skyline). gives exact symptoms you describe and it totally baffled me for about an hour or so......

worth checking the simple things first:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I've put the battery on charge all afternoon, the charger says the battery has topped off. I went through the alarm / immobiliser thing with the manual running through the reset procedure just to make sure - Still nothing! The Starter motor isn't moving.

I've checked what connections I can find (with all the expertise of a chimp reprogramming a Cray super computer)

Looks like a trip to the garage on tow

Cheers anyway

Sean

·
Registered
854 Posts
ive also had problems with ignition barrels in the past. just a thought:) :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get some of your mates to give you a push start, if she fires it would point to a starter/starter circuit problem, if she does not fire, possibly an immobiliser problem. Push it though, dont tow it, GTR's dont like to be towed for too long I believe.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
130 Posts
Push it though, dont tow it, GTR's dont like to be towed for too long I believe.
Just make sure it's a flat bed. Assuming your battery is good though, it's gotta be either your starter or immobilizer otherwise it would at least attempt to turn over.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
solenoid on the starter perhaps, try tapping it with a small hammer lightly......if you can get in there.

Yep...or if it's parked on a slope or hill let it roll, in gear with the clutch depressed. Let the clutch out (in gear)...it may be enough to move the starter to a good spot.

Let us know how you fare, I would definately try a push start before a tow!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts