GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I drive a 97’ late model R33 GTR which has been kept in storage for over a year. It has been modified a little, HKS 2530 turbo’s, engine enlarged to 2.8L, but nothing obscene.

After recently being serviced last week. I am having issues with the ignition which the maintenance shop cannot resolve. I’m hoping for the well knowledge here at the forum for help please!

Details: After normal road use, the ignition won’t start the car again while the car is “hot” – i.e. water temperature above 70c. Once the water is below 70c, the car will start again without any problems – this is the obvious observation I can provide – please let me know other details can help.

In previous years when I used the car on the daily basis, this problem arouse as well. I thought it may have been a solenoid/alternator issue which caused the battery not to charge. As a result the maintenance shop replace the alternator. However, I don’t think this is the cause of the issue this time as after the car cools, the car is willing to start.

Basically…my car won’t start again immediately after being switched off from normal use. It will only start again only after an hour or so…

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Jason

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Does it crank over?
What management system are you running?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
As above what ecu are you running also I'd be tempted to check the O2 sensors and the water temp sensor in the intake manifold

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it crank over?
What management system are you running?
As above what ecu are you running also I'd be tempted to check the O2 sensors and the water temp sensor in the intake manifold
Thanks for your reply mates. When I try restarting the engine when the engine is hot - it does not crank over. It is as though there are no electrics.

But after cooling to below 70 degrees c, the electrics are normal and it starts up with no problem.

The engine management system I am using is HKS F CON V pro

(I will ask the mechanic to check the O2 sensors and the water temp sensor in the intake manifold as advised, but do my answers reply shed any more light on the issue?)

Thank you again

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Ah right ok but your still using the water temp sensor which is in the intake manifold ? if this is faulty or heavily eroded it can cause start issues when hot

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah right ok but your still using the water temp sensor which is in the intake manifold ? if this is faulty or heavily eroded it can cause start issues when hot
Thanks for the advice, I will have the mechanic take a look at the water temp sensor.

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Do all the other electrics work on the car when it doesn't crank ?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Again sorry for the silence. Have been away and have not had a chance to charge up the battery to run the car again. Will have a chance to do so in the next few days and will be able to check if the other electrics are working when the car cannot restart after a run and the engine is hot. Will let you know in due course. Thanks again for the advice so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts