GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if wrong section but couldn't find any info on the forum...

Told my insurance company about the wrap with no change in premium but not DVLA, do they need to know?

Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think the rule has changed, if the wrap is to stay on longer than 8 weeks you need to notify them.
Having said that, who's to know when you had it fitted?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I suspect the only way to get a 100% cast iron proof answer to this is to contact the DVLA, ask them and keep the response.

I have heard both opinions many times. :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was on the understanding it was classed as a temp change, so log book wouldnt need changing. If this has changed then i'll be interested to know, as ive just recently had mine wrapped

·
Registered
941 Posts
Perhaps you have to let them know if it's a major colour change, ie. from Black to Domestos Blue but if it's Black to a Matte black you don't?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Paul at PW pro told me that DVLA need to be told and log book changed,
I would think he's man in the know,
Goldie

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
its changed very recently to a six week rule

basically if its to be kept on more than six weeks they should be told

some will bother and some not i guess the answer if pulled over will always be its only been on a week

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
That does make sense.

I assume that the 5-0 use the DVLA database? You dont want to wrap your car and end up getting pulled as your car gets flagged up as it appears to have changed colour.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
That does make sense.

I assume that the 5-0 use the DVLA database? You dont want to wrap your car and end up getting pulled as your car gets flagged up as it appears to have changed colour.
When I had the yellow one I got followed by the police half a dozen times, but never even got pulled over.
I'd guess they have better things to do unless they want a reason.

But the new rule makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
From a non rappers point of view, I would think that you would a) as a responsible citizen tell them b) and inform your insurance company c) what if your rapped car gets knick and there is conflicting info about the colour - you just know how stupid the jobsworth and "men in uniform" can be!!!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I just thought, your more likely to be pulled over with a wrapped car not submitted to DVLA surely, police would not let a car keep driving if there PNC shown the car up as red and what they see is a Luminous glow in the dark lime green GTR :p

Not that it matters, as you would have all legal documents, but has anyone been pulled over with a wrapped car because of this?

Would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I know some people who have had 4 different colours. They declared to insurance the colour and wrap but not DVLA but I assume if they had and someone HPI'd the car it would be.

Silver
Blue
Silver
Yellow
Silver
Black
Silver
Red
Silver

Someone would be like... erm... has it had an accident by chance and respray?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts