GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I do indeed. Half the week at RB the other half I am a CNC machinist at british aerospace.

You didn't think Rod would let me sit infront of his pc and post on here did you? When my machine is running i accidentally found a way of getting the internet up on my machine control terminal :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Cord said:
I do indeed. Half the week at RB the other half I am a CNC machinist at british aerospace.

You didn't think Rod would let me sit infront of his pc and post on here did you? When my machine is running i accidentally found a way of getting the internet up on my machine control terminal :D
I thought you came on when he was probably out mapping cars ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :p :D

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Re: Re: WHO WANT'S ONE

MarioGTR said:
We have broken 3 CFRP prop shafts... 2 were from ACPT.

Mario.
I just received this email back from the company that sell these carbon propshafts
It looks like someone was using the wrong shafts:rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Keith,

We have no records of selling any driveshafts directly to this gentleman, nor have we ever been contacted about his problem. We sell these drive shafts through one of our dealers Greddy, Inc., which is the sister company to Trust in Japan. It is possible that Greddy or Trust may have sold him a driveshaft, but we have no way of knowing that. Nor do we have any way of knowing if he disclosed to them his power level and intended application. We would not send our standard 1310 design for a 1000hp drag racer. This application would require a special design utilizing our larger driveshaft tubing, which is capable of handling nearly twice the amount of torque. This is the same composite tube that many of the Pro Modified vehicles in the NHRA are using on a weekly basis.

ACPT has been manufacturing carbon fiber driveshafts for the last 17 years or so, and we fully engineer all our products to ensure reliability and customer satisfaction. For this reason, we are able to offer a 1 year warranty on materials and labor, with our driveshafts. (Something that is unheard of in the aftermarket industry, especially in drive-train components)

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right then who all want's one

Keith:smokin:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Prop Shafts

Hi Keith,

Sent you PM but I am up for one of these! Reckon its a far better buy than a set of fancy wheels :D :D :D

Kev

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
GTR-Zilla said:
keith did you ever get the carbon prop made up and fitted in the end?
GTR-Zilla

Funny you should ask that.

The guy in the USA could not tell me straight if they would fail
on my car he was going to get back to me and I am still waiting for a call
one year on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a company here in the UK making me one now,I will have it in 3 weeks
that will take 4000 lbs of torque and they come with there own ends
no need to cut the ends off std propshafts :cool:

I think the std R32 /R33 props weigh about 19KG these proper
carbon ones only weigh 5KG :eek: :eek: :eek:

As far as I know R.B Motorsport will be the main dealer for selling these
awesome carbon propshafts.

The company want me to prove to everyone that there product
will take the power I cant wait to try it out.

there exact word's to me were WE WANT YOU TRY AND BREAK IT :D

Keith :smokin:

·
Banned
2,097 Posts
keith keep us posted and the prices they will come up to.. ACPT shafts are quite well made, with minimal vibration.. the shafts that you are talking about what is their vibration and twist tollerences?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
GTR-Zilla said:
keith keep us posted and the prices they will come up to.. ACPT shafts are quite well made, with minimal vibration.. the shafts that you are talking about what is their vibration and twist tollerences?
ACPT shafts may be ok, but i dont want to take a chance
on fitting something that will not do the job.
Mario told us that they broke 2 or 3 carbon shafts as far as i know
they were made for the Japanese market by ACPT.

When i talked to the Guy at ACPT about them failing he then started
to back track asking what power was i running [last i heard of him] :rolleyes:

The 9 sec Subaru at TOTB had one of there props fitted
I also think the winning car at the Le Mans 24 Hour race had one fitted also.

I will let you know how we get on with it ;)

Keith

21 - 40 of 49 Posts