GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am pretty sure it should just sit on top.

I in the past have had issues with carbon fitment from various sellers.

Danny

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
If it was the one up for sale at £80 it won't be a replacement I would have thought, should sit on top. Cheap carbon parts never fit well, you get what you pay for with carbon parts.

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you have a look on knight racer's site they've some fitting instructions and a link to a video for fitting.

To be fair to KR, I've a gear surround from another manufacturer that is a beautiful piece of carbon, but not a good fit out of the box.
Neither it nor the KR piece could be considered 'cheap' and it appears even expensive pieces may need to be carefully trimmed to fit with the existing plastic surround from researching the best way to install mine.

Let us know how you get on,

Protegimus

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a look on knight racer's site they've some fitting instructions and a link to a video for fitting.

To be fair to KR, I've a gear surround from another manufacturer that is a beautiful piece of carbon, but not a good fit out of the box.
Neither it nor the KR piece could be considered 'cheap' and it appears even expensive pieces may need to be carefully trimmed to fit with the existing plastic surround from researching the best way to install mine.

Let us know how you get on,

Protegimus
I've looked at their site and could only find how to remove the gear nob lol, the seller said it just pushed over just didn't want to push too hard incase it broke lol

·
Vendor
2,987 Posts
Hi guys, if you are sure it was originally from us, will need to check which batch it was, as we did have a batch which needed abit of trimming to fit, these were sold with a significant discount.

With regards to fitting, you will need to remove the gear knob. Then "VERY CAREFULLY" unclip majority of the (silver and larger) trim to allow clearance to fit the carbon gear surround. Tap the piece in bit by bit using 2-3 fingers. Then refit the silver trim :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts