GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I recently see a thread somewhere about a new carbon paddle shifter being in production? I am sure they were longer than standard and part of someones project thread. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,081 Posts
^^^^

As above. JM carbon do a carbon set of standard paddles.

Jonny @ JCR is developing a full carbon set that are longer than standard. Dont think he's set a definate release date yet though

·
Registered
692 Posts
Was only this morning I was cornering was high revs in 1st mid corner could have done with 2nd but didn't want to take one hand off wheel as didn't want to unbalance the car and couldn't reach paddle with finger tips so let revs die a bit it was at this point I thought those carbon paddles will make me go faster.

One thing i have been thinking is the carbon looks spot on but I'm rather a function over form person will there be cheaper none carbon versions ?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Was only this morning I was cornering was high revs in 1st mid corner could have done with 2nd but didn't want to take one hand off wheel as didn't want to unbalance the car and couldn't reach paddle with finger tips so let revs die a bit it was at this point I thought those carbon paddles will make me go faster.

One thing i have been thinking is the carbon looks spot on but I'm rather a function over form person will there be cheaper none carbon versions ?
You didn't want to unbalance the car by taking on hand off the wheel???? Yet you wanted to change gear mid corner?

Wut?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I find changing gear mid corner in the GTR has no real effect on balance as it's nice and smooth and ultra quick.

But when I say mid corner i meant really as I was about to start to straighten on exit 2nd would have been a more progressive exit but couldn't grab 2nd has had to much lock and couldn't reach paddle

·
Registered
692 Posts
What's the MY14 like on road as I find in comfort on 09 that it's still to stiff and losses ground on certain roads where my Evos would keeps all 4 wheels in touch with road surface helping to lay power down easier?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Not really put it through its paces yet. Still running it in. Great as a road car though. So much more comfortable than my old GTR. Every passenger has commented on it without being prompted

What tyres have you got on?

·
Registered
907 Posts
what kind of a price are we looking at for the carbon shifters as the stained magnesium on mine is not looking so nice.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've got Dunlop oe over the last couple of weeks with the dry weather and sun I've been thinking I wouldn't run r888 on the road as I did in my Evo as you don't need anymore for the road they really do grip with a bit of heat.

I'll give the MPSS a go but I know I'll prefer the Dunlops as it's not a daily driver I take it out when roads are quiet and I can enjoy it.

And it still feels like a luxury car compared to others I've had.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Put it on the proper tyres for the car YOU NEED TO RUN ON RUN FLATs!

R888's on the track, but Run Flats on the road

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I really like the black and white and orange highlighted photographs - it's a subtle nice touch and I wonder how few people have noticed and appreciated the work that went into tailoring the photos!

Only downside is it makes me think of the nasty implication of the black and white of schindlers list with only the red coat detail!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I really like the black and white and orange highlighted photographs - it's a subtle nice touch and I wonder how few people have noticed and appreciated the work that went into tailoring the photos!

Only downside is it makes me think of the nasty implication of the black and white of schindlers list with only the red coat detail!
Its actually rather easy to do ;) In PhotoShop, its a Black & White layer and erase the pieces of colour that you want to shine through.

Pics are also HDR'd (or similar PS techniques) to pull "detail" out of them, gives it the grainy'ish look.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts