GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at various carbon bits for my car that's due next month. I've checked out most of what I can find so I was hoping that you guys that have already installed can give me some feedback, good and bad on what you've bought.

I've just had prices for about 5k worth of Seibon parts. Has anyone fitted their stuff yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ally

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
seibon has taken some stick over at NAGTROC, but I have no personal experience of their kit.

I'd do some searches over there before buying...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I've been looking at various carbon bits for my car that's due next month. I've checked out most of what I can find so I was hoping that you guys that have already installed can give me some feedback, good and bad on what you've bought.

I've just had prices for about 5k worth of Seibon parts. Has anyone fitted their stuff yet.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Ally
what carbon bits are you after ? [email protected]

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had some Seibon parts on my Evo X RS and the fit and finish was terrible. I had to do a lot of work to the parts to get them to fit and the splitter split of its own accord due to the carbon/resin being so thin.

Personally I would not touch it with a barge pole.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
ask ben, he see's most of the carbon up front. stay away from anything from china, if someone wont tell you where the carbon is made from dont buy from that person cause they dont want to tell you its from china or some other crap quality place.

dont buy from major places, say like zele, cause it may take forever and a day, plus they may have some issues (in the case of zele they have had more than one quality control issue, but now alot of shops keep stock and zele is always looking to make the customer happy, but takes forever for that to happen.

PasswordJDM in the usa is very good quality and inovative and functional and tested by dropping from 4 story buildings and hit with bat's to be tested.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have had the Seibon "dry carbon" GTR bonnet,doors and trunk in my hands....even if i would get them for free,i would not install them on my GTR.......the quality is terrible,good enough for a pure race/trackday car,but not for anything else:wavey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts