GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm looking to get the front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts wrapped as I can't afford the real thing...
Are these parts easy to remove?
Will the heat front the exhausts make the wrap bubble or anything?

Any help and advice would be great :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You might be able to wrap without removing those parts? Not heard of any heat issues causing wrap to get damaged probably half the gtrs on here are wrapped

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm getting all that wrapped on Saturday in gloss black so i'll let u know if it goes funny on the 100 mile trip home. I've had quite a few cars wrapped and haven't had an issue yet with any from the exhaust heat.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting all that wrapped on Saturday in gloss black so i'll let u know if it goes funny on the 100 mile trip home. I've had quite a few cars wrapped and haven't had an issue yet with any from the exhaust heat.
Are they taking the trim off? How much is it costing you bud?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a brand new front valance which i'll fit myself while their doing the other bits, the only thing that needs to come off really is the rear diffusor as it needs to be wrapped in a couple of pieces due to the exhaust trims. I'm also having my door handles,wing vents etc wrapped

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking to get the front splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts wrapped as I can't afford the real thing...
Are these parts easy to remove?
Will the heat front the exhausts make the wrap bubble or anything?

Any help and advice would be great :)
front splitter is easy in situ on an early car but ideally side skirts would be removed

again rear valance i would rather see off the car as its awkward trying to work around the exhausts both for prep and fitting

temps won't be an issue

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much do you think it will cost me ruffly?
Costs all depends on who you go to and what material you want to use. Personally you get what you pay for so don't always go with the cheapest quote you get. A lot of the guys on here use PW Pro so worth asking him, i use Blueprint in Nottingham as i have used them for years and have a good relationship with them so my only reason for not using PW Pro.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
front splitter is easy in situ on an early car but ideally side skirts would be removed

again rear valance i would rather see off the car as its awkward trying to work around the exhausts both for prep and fitting

temps won't be an issue
Send you a message :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts