GTR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While poking around at upgarage one day I spotted a used Carbonetics Twin plate for an R32 GTR, I gave a call to my friend Pound Puppy and informed him of what I was looking at, soon after it was in his possesion, For what is turning out to be a STEAL, we gave the clutch a good inspection and measured the disks, turns out there was lots of clutch life left. According to the Carbonetics rep he could possibly get 30,000 Kms before needing new Carbon Disks. Then he went on a month long business trip, while he was gone I researched clutches as I was in need of a new one and scored my own Carbonetics Twin plate with a Carbon Coated Flywheel, and Pressure Plate, with a rated clamping force of 1350Kgs W/Type R Disks, $2400.00 delivered to my front door 3 days after payment, with the conversion kit needed for the R33 GTR - SCORE. Pound Puppy will be getting his installed next week, me on the other hand, I will be saving up to score a new tranny to go with the new clutch, my time frame is maybe 30-45 days, unless I buy it on a card, but I would rather pay cash.

From my understanding the assembly is lighter than a stock set up, the disks help absorb the shock when shifting, and you can just dog the shit out of them and they will still be there, as long as you do a proper break in, and follow warm up procedures should you drag or track the car.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts