1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
Never fitted one to a Skyline, however had a carbonmods splitter and canards on my RX7 and can't fault it for value/fitting :)

I went for the extra large splitter, wider than i needed but after it was cut out it left enough for any detail parts if needbe:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice Mark :) Just ordered my splitter and some canards too :)

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I have had a Carbonmods splitter on my 'to buy' for a while now. Unfortunately its not an essential prchase at the moment.
I've heard of a few folks buying these and no one seems to have a bad word to say about them. Have purchased some carbon sheet from Carbonmods before and their service and dispatch times were impeccable.

TT

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Superb then :) I had an email to say it could all be delivered on Monday, which is great :) I had to go for the extra wide splitter as the normal one they do isn't wide enough for the r33 bumper.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey Cliff, Please do i write up on this one like you did on the Nur Motorsport one if you do go for it...:thumbsup:

How badly damaged is your Nur M/S splitter, is it not fixable..??

Personaly i thought it looked the nuts on your car mate...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll do a full write-up, no problem :)
My dopey mate Jamie Madden (Madden on here), borrowed my car for his wedding, he washed and polished and cared for the car, but just before the wedding he hit the splitter on a raised slope into a petrol garage. The damage isn't terrible but he agreed to replace it.
I decided to go for a different type so I can cut it slightly different and also this one is slimmer, with could give me vital mm's in the fight against slopes and speed humps :D

Jamie is having the old one, he might fit it to his R32 or possibly sell it.

Here's the wedding car:

And the damaged splitter:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ahh yes Mr Madden, Dam you Jamie....lol

Yeah it was the thickness of it that i actuly liked... Well if Jamie isnt going to use it Cliff tell him il have it & he can point & fire it my way for a couple of ££ & il use it on my spare "Track use bumper"...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, my carbonmods canards and splitter have arrived!!
Already though, as nice as the bits look, I can say that I'd never recommend this company to anyone :chairshot

I was told my order would be with me for the Monday.
Monday came, I emailed to check on my order.....no reply.
It was now 2pm, thought I'd phone to see if it was coming or not before I went to work.
Got told there was a mix up, my goods delivered to someone else, but they will sort it out.
Fair enough, as long as it gets sorted thats fine.
Got an email, from my original email, saying my goods were delayed as they were really busy due to a Max power RX7 showing one of their splitters?!
So, is it late because of being busy or sent to a wrong address?
Today, carbon bits arrive safe and sound.

Sadly, not as advertised on their site, full instructions missing.
Only 5 Stainless steel bolts and Nyloc nuts sent - 8 advertised.
No High performance Rawl bolts sent - 4 advertised.

I've emailed them back and I'm pretty damn unimpressed. From those bits they've packed and randomly not sent, you can see they really don't give a toss.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Daz, it looks a bit naked though I feel :D

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update:

Okay, time to put some more info on this thread for anyone interested.

I received an email from Matt at Carbonmods today, an excellent apology and also a refund on my delivery charge (£15).
My missing bits are being delivered and the email has restored my faith that there are decent traders out there that care enough about their customers and also their own reputation to sort out a bad transaction, which is superb in my opinion.

Onwards and upwards :)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Cliff, Please do i write up on this one like you did on the Nur Motorsport one if you do go for it...:thumbsup:
Here goes, the shortened version :p

Bumper off and ready to start.....

My new best friend ready to cut out the splitter from a carbon sheet.........

I marked around my standard splitter with a marker pen, then slid my bumper backwards to create the splitter shape, which I then jig-saw'd out.

Splitter cut and being offered up to the bumper again.......

The newly made splitter being bolted up....

And here's how it looks.......

and on the car........

and with my canards........

I've still got to fit my stay bars and secure the rear edges of the splitter near the front wheels, but it's going really well so far :D

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Your a brave man Cliff, I wouldn't lend my 32 to ANYONE to drive :p
However, the new splitter looks very nice indeed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These things happen Mr Merchant :D Jamie Madden is one of my best friends in the world and I'd still lend him my car today if he wanted it, it's just a lump of metal at the end of the day :p

I think Jamie done me a favour of sorts anyhow. This slimmer splitter will make it easier to drive the Skyline and I got the chance to create something of my own and I'm well proud of my efforts considering I'm the worst DIY man in history. This looks almost professional :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts