GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have just bought my car home from Garys (GT Art) and I have got to say I am so so happy with the results!

The engine problems that were traced at the Mini Dyno day earlier in the year turned out to be more serious than I thought. So with the help of Shin (Prospec) we had an N1 engine shipped and twinned this with the Nismo turbines (similar set up for the cars in the Japanese Endurance series).

The results are superb!

I am getting a massive responce with low revs reminding much of the STI5s acceleration. The engine sound is just something different to. I will be running her in for the next couple of weeks before I go back for the fine tinkling of the map.

A big thanks to Gary and Shin for the result...Cheers!

....Ian :D :D :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Glad to hear...

..that all is well in the Sutton fold:) . Now you'll be able to seriously kick my arse:eek: Not suer thats a good thing though;)

Congratulations and Enjoy!!

Speak to you soon!

Stu

p.s. Well done Gary and Shin - keep up the good work

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ian SuttoN1 said:
... So with the help of Shin (Prospec) we had an N1 engine shipped and twinned this with the Nismo turbines (similar set up for the cars in the Japanese Endurance series).
Ummm.. Wow! So, if you don't mind terribly, what's a rough cost estimate for an engine like that?

Congrats on the swap, though! Impressive to say the least!

Guy (GTuned)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
N1

Nice 1 Ian.... I would be intrested how it all came about... and what the full spec of the car is now.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice Dinkle :)

So we know what car is taking us to Le Man then :)

Lots of Torque and a modacum of horses the way forward ;)

Speak when your back from gibbin in dublin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts