GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out last night and have managed to break my bar$tard car AGAIN:flame: :flame: :flame:
as i floored it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd everything was ok, then i changed up to 4th and missed a gear. when i dipped the cluch again and then put it back into 4th it went in no probs but i lost all drive and just managed to roll into a laybye.
the car goes into every gear with or without the clutch when the engine is running, but the car wont go anywhere.
the clutch feels no different to normal.

what have i done this time???????

standard r34 gear box, exedy trip plate clutch, running around 600bhp, oh and i am adicted to launching it im afraid to say.
:squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
clutch cylinder?
thats how mine felt when i squished my cylinder at crail.
On second thoughts mine was fine selecting gears when the engine wasn't running, hhmmmm :confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yer, mines fine selecting gears when the engines not running as well.
the clutch has only done about 2000miles , and 1000 of that was running new engine in.
think im gonna have to lay off the launches a bit when i get this problem sorted:bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Or a broken input shaft in the gearbox.

Can you shift the gears,does it rattle when you close the clutch??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can select all the gears no problem at all. the clutch is no heavier than normal and its not making any dodgy noises when i put my foot on it.
it felt like something just popped off, without making much noise at all when it happened????????????????

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Can you select the gear with running engine??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yer, i can get all gears when engine is running but the car wont go anywhere, also all gears can be selected when the engines not running, using the clutch or just selecting gears without the clutch.

·
Registered
341 Posts
have a look at the actuating arm which comes out of the box, get a mate to press the pedal and check it moves correctly.

if it does, think its abox off job to have a look inside

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
does your clutch make a different sound when it's engaged/not engaged? that might be one way to tell if the clutch is in and you're just stuck in neutral with the shifter broken.

It couldn't be a broken driveshaft, could it?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
from what i heard,sounds to me like a broken input shaft,if it would only be the clutch cylinder or the fork arm,you couldn´t shift with the engine running.

But,im not true skyline expert like others here on the forum:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from what i heard,sounds to me like a broken input shaft,if it would only be the clutch cylinder or the fork arm,you couldn´t shift with the engine running.

yer me neither!!!!!
thanks mate, ill investigate.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

mate you hit the nail on the head..... it was the main imput shaft in the gearbox!!!! got a second hand shaft for £150 so i was well happy.:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts