GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat waiting for my new wing mirror to be fitted, £730.30p ouch, glad it's an insurance job. The paint tech guys just pointed out that the front bumper and bonnet it metallic black where as the rest of the car is a solid black. It's obviously had a respray but seen as I've only had it 4 weeks where would I stand with the garage I bought it from. It's a 2010. Is it classed as sold as seen. Advice appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
There is NO SUCH THING as sold as seen if it's bought trom a trader.

Many cars have a respray, it's not a reason to reject the car.
It must be a close colour match if you haven't noticed it in four weeks?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
In 2010 only Kuro black was available which was a soft non metallic paint. From March 2011, Metallic black superseded the Kuro flat black.

If the car was sold privately 'sold as seen' with no warranty given or implied, then you have no comeback as it is not a safety related item and it was up to you to have spotted the paint issues.

Advice would be to leave it as it is hardly noticeable or if you are really pedantic, have the bumpers re-painted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did notice weeks ago when I had the rupes polisher on it. I bought it from a garage so I presume they'll do nothing. It's a good job, just the wrong colour paint. Might be time to get it wrapped

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
I did notice weeks ago when I had the rupes polisher on it. I bought it from a garage so I presume they'll do nothing. It's a good job, just the wrong colour paint. Might be time to get it wrapped
a 40k car sold seen???hmmmm from a garage? surely you have some sort of warranty? 3 months... etc

If you have only had it 4 weeks, i would be on the phone to them!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
a 40k car sold seen???hmmmm from a garage? surely you have some sort of warranty? 3 months... etc

If you have only had it 4 weeks, i would be on the phone to them!
See post number 2.

Sold as seen doesn't exist in a trader sale to a private buyer.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
See post number 2.

Sold as seen doesn't exist in a trader sale to a private buyer.
wheres the proof? so they guy can call up, armed :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
wheres the proof? so they guy can call up, armed :cool:
Sorry, you've lost me. Who is going to be armed?

If you mean the proof about what I said, try here for starters.

Buying a car, my rights, sold as seen, HPI Check, private sellers,Second-hand car auctions,

Some car traders try to use disclaimers such as 'sold as seen', 'trade sale only' or 'no refund' to restrict your rights. This is against the law and you can report any trader that does this to Consumer Direct, the Government funded consumer advice service.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The head of paint has also pointed out that when the bonnet opens the top corner is catching on the inside top of the drivers wing and also when the bonnet catchs try to engage they don't shut together you have to push the bonnet for the right hand side. Also the bumpers the wrong colour as well.

Sales guy is on holiday till Tuesday. Surprise surprise.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
That bonnet catching is relatively normal.
The hinge can get stiff after a while and it pushes the bonnet over.

Are you worried it's had a bump?
If it's had a light one and it was repaired I'm not sure you have an aweful lot of options unfortunately.
It's still a car without actual faults bar the paint mismatch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That bonnet catching is relatively normal.
The hinge can get stiff after a while and it pushes the bonnet over.

Are you worried it's had a bump?
If it's had a light one and it was repaired I'm not sure you have an aweful lot of options unfortunately.
It's still a car without actual faults bar the paint mismatch.
Car runs like a dream, love it to bits. I'm not massively concerned its just annoying the miss matched paint. Getting it resprayed plus the rear quarters which are quite road rashed, it's going to be around 2k to paint it. Hence why I said it might be time to wrap it.

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Car runs like a dream, love it to bits. I'm not massively concerned its just annoying the miss matched paint. Getting it resprayed plus the rear quarters which are quite road rashed, it's going to be around 2k to paint it. Hence why I said it might be time to wrap it.
a wraps about 1.5kish?, so may be worth painting if its 2k?

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
what he said^^^^^

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
£2K for a sticker......... Get it painted the colour you want! As stated before even when the wrap comes off it's going to have to be painted as you are simply masking the issue and not rectifying it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
£2K for a sticker......... Get it painted the colour you want! As stated before even when the wrap comes off it's going to have to be painted as you are simply masking the issue and not rectifying it!
I think a full respray is going to cost alot more than 2k, how much exactly I don't know

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had the problem with the bonnet hinges - if you dont sort it it will damage the paint on the wings - I had to replace both hinges at, iirc, an eye watering £600-700 quid . Its a full wings and bumper off job so the labour time was around 4 hours I think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts