GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new Golf R using carwow and managed to get a discount of over 9%. I noticed that the GTR had popped up as one of the models they were offering. It appears that carwow have one HPC (Wessex in Cardiff) quoting a discount of £3.5k on a Daytona MY14.

Not sure what sort of discounts people have been able to get from other HPC's but this may help your negotiations. Only disadvantage is that you need to sell your own car.

Besty

·
Registered
760 Posts
What do you think of the new golf R? Thinking of selling my GTR as need something more practical - big kids getting too big for the back and 7 month old and car seat not an easy fix! Audi s3 saloon another possibility....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think of the new golf R? Thinking of selling my GTR as need something more practical - big kids getting too big for the back and 7 month old and car seat not an easy fix! Audi s3 saloon another possibility....
The car arrives next week and replaces a 2011 MK6 Golf R. The car looks really good value given the new spec, performance and economy but I haven't driven it yet. I'll post an update after it arrives.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2014 Golf R

Great - thanks
The new car isn't run in yet but looks to be a significant improvement on the previous model. Autocar did a review a couple of weeks ago that sums up the key changes.

It feels more responsive, has better performance and economy and is better value than the last model in that parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, and brake assist are all now standard. The new car also has an electronic handbrake which is novel but works really well. The new interior also looks much smarter and the satnav is also better than the series 6 version.

Road tax is down by £90 and the insurance quote was 15% lower which together with the improved economy should mean lower running costs. Residuals on the previous model were excellent and hopefully this will continue.

Go and test drive one - there are lots of mainly Lapiz blue demonstrators around the country.

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ian

Thanks for this. Definitely high up on the list of options. I'm aiming to try one of these, an s3 saloon and possibly a 235i. All attractive propositions in their own way. It'll be sad to see the GTR go, but I need somehting more practical for ferrying kids around on a daily basis.

Cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ian

Thanks for this. Definitely high up on the list of options. I'm aiming to try one of these, an s3 saloon and possibly a 235i. All attractive propositions in their own way. It'll be sad to see the GTR go, but I need somehting more practical for ferrying kids around on a daily basis.

Cheers

Shame.

I'd give carwow a go to see of they come up with a good deal on the cars you want. I assume that you'd need to sell the GTR privately in any case.

Ian

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yep, will do. Not heard of them before so good to have another option. We bought my other halfs XC60 through Drive the Deal and was a doddle - easy access to a decent discount without having to go through the motions with pita salesmen.

I've had my R35 for almost 5 years, so time for a change anyway. Also contemplating chopping the vovlo in for a new RRS or Macan later this year, but currently spending too much on the house and have horrible tax bills looming after HMRC policy changes on partnernships - boo hoo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts