GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

Collected my car Friday night (series 1 stagea - Rb25det) after it having some much needed love and it transpires my CAS was only giving 7deg turned fully.
I've been lent another to get the car home so now I'm looking for a replacement.

So my question is - are you guys replacing the modules only or the complete sensor ?

Obviously a big difference in price, around £50 for the module to £200+ for a complete unit.

I've had the faulty mitsubishi sensor apart, bearings/shaft/splines all look good.
Disc has no marks, scratches or damage.

What more can go wrong other than the reader/module ?

Thanks
Darren

p.s first post here, be gentle with me

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Where have you seem the modules sold? I would just change the optics if that's all that is wrong

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

American EBay has a few sets for sale. Out of interest I took the faulty CAS apart and visually can't see anything wrong. Bearings, shaft, disc all look good.

Just puzzled me that people are swapping the whole CAS when for a quarter of the price (and some labour) you can just change the module ??

If I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks
Darren

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It might be because people do not know the optics are available separately?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's true, never crossed my mind.

Well I've ordered the replacement module now so hopefully it will fix my problems. If not, I've learnt something at least (how to waste time and money haha).

Thanks for the reply
Darren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts