GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an animal lover but currently becoming stretched to the limit with neighbours cats :(

We live in a quiet cul de sac with only 8 other houses but 4 have got cats,
we seem to go in cycles ie/ 9 months without any problems & then 3 months where the little bast-rds seem to think our back lawn is a litter tray.

When my kids go out to play (3 boys so they get rough & tumble) then now & again they get bloody covered in the rubbish & nothing else smells worse :(

Have put pepper spray on there (which makes the garden stink & is rubbish if it rains) have thrown the odd stone near to not at the cats etc etc.

Getting very close to a one man cull the cat campaign & snares will come shortly :) :)

Anyone got an effective remedy to get rid of the gits (yes I have spoken nicely to the neighbours who all say oh no it couldnt be our timmie :eek: ) lol

Help !!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Elephant Poop? :confused:

Im sure thats used for something....cats maybe? Not sure where you would get it though...

I've either made a really good suggestion or made an @r5e of myself again

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D hmmm if that is the best anyone comes up with then I'll let the cats live.
The idea is to rid the garden of crap not add 8 ft high piles of elephant crap - lol:D

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
We used to have a far worse problem. When my parents build our family home, we has 5 tons of sand delivered. The cats thought this was a HUGE litter tray and about 10 local cats used it.

Dad convinced me I couldn't shoot them with my air rifle so we came up with this. We hung 6" sq steel sheets around the place like wind chimes. As soom as a cat appeared, I'd shoot the metal hanging in the tree or what ever. The cat would crap itself and run off. It took about 2 weeks to rid our place of them.

Since the cats have gone, the birds have come back. The cats used to pull the little fleglings out of the nests and kill them.

God I hate cats. I wish they were all dead...:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
505 Posts
you can buy those boxes that go out in the garden that makes a really high pitch sound that cats dont like,dunnno what they are called though

suley thats the best way to go,

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I hear you brother as that is the problem I'm having at the moment! 4 of the fcukers are using our back lawn as a night club, partying, dancing and crapping everywhere. I used two sorts of the cat repellent to no avail. I have installed a cat sonic device that lets off a high pitch sound when the PIR detects them but now they walk around the back of it! I put up wire mesh but they can still climb it and I told the owner of two of them to get a litter tray and keep them outta our lawn and she said "they are never out of the house" - bullsh*t!

What has had more effect is a bucket of water as they HATE getting wet and a Black Widow Cat-a-pult loaded with wet balls of toilet paper which scare the hell outta them as they can't move quick enough but won't harm them - now I have just to get my aim right :D .

A mate stopped his dog pulling the clothes of the washing line by hanging up a big soaking sheet and attaching a car battery to each side of it - needless to say the dog leaves the washing alone now - was thinking of doing something similar with the cats.

A feral cat trap could work also as all owners have said they are not their cats so they must be feral then mustn't they :D , just trap them and release them over 10 miles away or else they will find their way back.

I don't want to hurt them just scare them off.

That Animal Water Spray Repellent looks the job!

http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=294

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pmsl - at your responses :D

Right - 15 metres of rubbers best ever creation it is for starters then !!http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24_102&products_id=365

I'll check the liitle gits paws for "war injuries" when I spot them around.
If this doesnt work the water sprayer it is & if that doesnt work well you can all be character witnesses when I appear on page 5 of the dailys "loony neighbour posions cats"

·
Registered
505 Posts
trackday addict said:
pmsl - at your responses :D

Right - 15 metres of rubbers best ever creation it is for starters then !!http://www.primrose-london.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24_102&products_id=365

I'll check the liitle gits paws for "war injuries" when I spot them around.
If this doesnt work the water sprayer it is & if that doesnt work well you can all be character witnesses when I appear on page 5 of the dailys "loony neighbour posions cats"
lol old people do that without thinking twice! my great gran(86) lol is out in the garden regular doin sh1t like this,,old housewifes stuff that never fails :D you know they dont give a fcuk

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Get a cat. This really is the only way mate, they don`t poop in your garden if you have your own.................don`t know why this is though?????

·
R35 Section manager
10,782 Posts
[QUOTE=.

When my kids go out to play (3 boys so they get rough & tumble) then now & again they get bloody covered in the rubbish & nothing else smells worse :(

Dog sh*t does mate!:eek: :mad: :D

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Borrow a particular Bengal of mine. She's a lovely cat, loves people to death, but just hates other cats. She'd quite happilly rip the living crap out of most things with whiskers and legs

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Dunno if you've heard of this before, and you're all going to laugh, but this is what they do in Japan, for better or for worse. Fill a 2 litre pet bottle with water, and remove the plastic label. Cats hate them. Place said bottles around the area you want to protect. Not terribly aesthetic, but people here swear by this.

Well, I live in a house on the top of a hill surrounded by woods and there are lots of semi-wild cats around. Spraying feline-marking on the walls, and krappping in the soil by the front door, an evil, stinky, liquid diarrhoea smell worse than pigsh. So, bottles at the corners, and **** the aesthetics. End of problem? Wait for it.... YES!!!!! :eek: Hmmmm.....

The cabriolet is parked in a vinyl garage and there was what looked like a cat p1ss stain on the soft-top. One morning I discovered fur on the black roof, a nice warm place to sleep, muddy paw prints on the windscreen/shield, and scratch marks on the paint where one had leapt up onto the bonnet/hood, scrabbling as it jumped. There are two take-off points, one by the right front wing, and one by the rear wing, for a straight run to the roof. Two bottles there. And for the cherry on the cake I put one PET bottle right on the spot where the cat p1ss stain was. (...now washed off with a bespoke tonneau shampoo.)

Conclusion. They work. Cheap & easy. The cats have not bothered me since. Why? Beats me. I have a private theory, but I can hear you all laughing, so I'll keep it to meself, thanks! Cheers. :smokin:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
First thing to take into account is, cats are clever. They learn what is uncomfortable, and work around it to get to their goal.

Spikey stuff on the top of your fence will only make them jump onto the tops of the posts to get over. Ultrasonic deterrants are useless, as they quickly learn how not to activate them. The bottles of water thing is good, but the bottles need to be moved around a bit, and kept clean.

I suggest one of them mega waterpistol things, or a garden hose. Cats hate water, so hookup your sprinkler to an inside tap and let loose when you here or see them. Or get gung-ho with your water pistol.

Paul,
Morph goes mental when he sees other cats outside, I don't think they realise he wants to eat them ! :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
We had an issue with cats and the gravel driveway. We got a dog, and for a while the cats stayed away. Then they worked out where the dog couldn't get to cos of the fence. So they started taking the p1ss, it was like Tom & feckin Jerry :D
So I left the gate open a few times and put up with bitch wee wreckin the grass because - as someon else said - those cats can shift when chased by a Bull Terrier :D

We no longer get furry visitors :smokin:

Oh, and incase anyone is thinking of it, I would remind people of the old gent who was so fed up with a similar problem he wired up a car battery to make an electric fence. It rained in the night and his neigbour came out to find her cat welded to the fence and in a very obvious state of not being alive :D

He was fined quite abit - so it might be worth it for long term gain ;)

(I am of course joking and I would never wish anyone to harm an animal - even cats. Whereas people.........)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts