1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post 319
GTR 7:26.7 Ring Video - Page 22 - 6speedonline.com Forums

6speedonline.com Forums - View Single Post - GTR 7:26.7 Ring Video

In response to this v-t graph from the GTR 'ring lap. The original poster is trying to explain that the GTR left the ground at this point causing an anomalously sharp rise in speed to 290kph:

monaroCountry said:
Show us the other 290kph, just to see if your theory holds true. Also if you take that graph as proof then are you also saying that Suzuki flew in the air causing weelspin, he also must have braked while still in the air causing that very shart decrease in speed. From the looks of it, it looked more like a pre programmed very agressive boost control kicking in.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
monaroCounty is a kid who has dedicated the last two years of his life in an attempt to discredit the GT-R on nearly every internet car forum you can think of.

He's completely deranged.

Philip

·
Registered
59 Posts
There are two sections of the graph showing the GTR reaching 290kph, the other section doesnt have that spike. No other publications using a stock GTR has achieved anywhere close to that speed.

Please explain that.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Yep, looks like a wheel spin spike to me.

Why no GPS or optical logger?
This Prosche fan is clearly a bellend. That graph shows a wheelspin spike, probably from a brief yump. If you go airborn with your foot down, you'll clearly get a very rapid spike in wheel speed, but the speed of the car will remain almost the same as it was at the point of take-off (ignoring the deccelerating effect of drag). Then, when the wheels reconnect with the track they will almost instantaneously resume the roadspeed of the car (ie the wheels will naturally be braked by the friction between tyre and track), hence the very sharp spike-and-return in the graph. To say this is due to some hidden overboost control is completely bananas! :chairshot

It kind of rmeinds of me motorpsort commentators who come out with stuff like "as soon as his car leaves the track and hits the wet grass it accelerates into the barrier and there's nothing he can do about it!" Yeah, only if the grass is sloping steeply downhill - a reduction in friction doesn't cause something to accelerate the last time I checked, you need some form of propulsion to achieve that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Please explain that.
Simple. The Council of 13 decreed that the car must do 290km/h at those exact points in space time when they created the universe using only the vibrations of their nostril hair to program life the universe and everything in a pseudo tertiary code form.

Their agents in the world today are a mixture of Neo Free Masons, Marvin the Martians illegitimate children and the Militant Wing of the Salvation Army. Together the make sure man follows the plan of the Council by using a reference given to them at the beginning of time in the form of a giant computer ball thing with lots of faces on it that babbles constantly in a language that only those trained in the art of Psycho History can interpret.

On the faithful day in question they sneaked into the Nissan garage using their stealth boxers while lubed up in gorilla fat and placed into the engine bay a short burst tachyon phase converter. This picked up when the car was a certain speeds and removed the leading edges from this dimensional place and onto one where wind resistance is described as how hard it is to hold your farts in.

So due to all of this planning the GTR hit 290 km/h on the track that day.

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the downhill section at the end of that long straight to me. You can see where the 2nd 290kph trace increases in slope as it nears 290kph. That's the hill at work.

There are two sections of the graph showing the GTR reaching 290kph, the other section doesnt have that spike. No other publications using a stock GTR has achieved anywhere close to that speed.

Please explain that.

·
Registered
258 Posts
hehe... just like good ol' Jack Nicholson said "They just can't handle the truth!" and in fact euro boyz especially Porsche's and the company really.. as in really is very insecure w/ the Nissan's GT-Rs regardless of generation. I have friends (including a girl) who has similar experiences on w/c they were bullied by Porsche drivers on city streets taunting them to start street racing w/ them. I'm sure some of you guys here have had a similar situation.

·
Registered
421 Posts
All I can say is that in the real world a few days ago a 911 Turbo pulled up next to me at some lights and annoyed the hell out of me by making some weird and certainly not over friendly gestures at me and my GTR.

When the lights changed I left him for dead. At the next set of lights he stared straight ahead.

Priceless.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Simple. The Council of 13 decreed that the car must do 290km/h at those exact points in space time when they created the universe using only the vibrations of their nostril hair to program life the universe and everything in a pseudo tertiary code form.

Their agents in the world today are a mixture of Neo Free Masons, Marvin the Martians illegitimate children and the Militant Wing of the Salvation Army. Together the make sure man follows the plan of the Council by using a reference given to them at the beginning of time in the form of a giant computer ball thing with lots of faces on it that babbles constantly in a language that only those trained in the art of Psycho History can interpret.

On the faithful day in question they sneaked into the Nissan garage using their stealth boxers while lubed up in gorilla fat and placed into the engine bay a short burst tachyon phase converter. This picked up when the car was a certain speeds and removed the leading edges from this dimensional place and onto one where wind resistance is described as how hard it is to hold your farts in.

So due to all of this planning the GTR hit 290 km/h on the track that day.
Thats so FUNNY!!!!:clap:

Monaro do us all a favour, remove your head from Porsches bottom!!!
People have given you the reasons why there is a spike in speed.
But I guess you still will not be happy. So I will now provide you with a phone 888-622-0117 FBI in Washington, just ask for Mulder or Scully.
So to end Monaro keep digging
"The Truth is Out There"

·
Registered
640 Posts
All I can say is that in the real world a few days ago a 911 Turbo pulled up next to me at some lights and annoyed the hell out of me by making some weird and certainly not over friendly gestures at me and my GTR.

When the lights changed I left him for dead. At the next set of lights he stared straight ahead.

Priceless.
Classic! I get mine in three weeks, I look forward to annoying 911's :chuckle:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Then there's also the Top Gear fastest lap board.
The council of 13 have had their work cut out covering up Nissan's inadequacies, but bloody hell they have done a good job! It seems every motoring journalist in the known universe has been brainwashed into believing that the GTR is actually quite good!

They must have got to me in my sleep too, cos since I took delivery of mine I've become equally convinced that this car isn't that bad at all. In fact - I've become quite attached to it. (And after nearly 30 years of driving and owning some of the fastest cars out there I have come to the briliantly scientific conclusion that it's pretty quick too).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sport Auto and many other tests has shown that the GTR is clearly slower than the GT2 around the Nurburgring. You really do have to wonder why the stock GTR used by independent testers have been far slower than the Nissan test car. As with Driver Republic, it wasnt the handling that was in question but was the power of the car.

Also with that hill theory, wouldnt the other cars going through the same section of the track face the same conditions? Why isnt any other cars showing a 20kph decrease in speed?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Surely part of this is down to who is driving the car? The German hacks will have grown up in Porsches and rarely touched anything from Japan. Stick Walter Rohrl in a 911 and he'll give you a good time on the Ring. Stick him in GT-R and he'll probably still be quick, but might not extract every last drop out of it.

Bleating on about whether the car was stock or not is also missing the point. The GT-R has 4 (usable) seats and you can get more than a bag of marbles in the boot. (Talking of which, when did you lose yours:chuckle:) It's an amazing achievement whichever way you look at it, especially at 50% of the price of a 997t/GT2.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
well that last post sum`d it up for me....

50% of the price for just about the same power/speed but with more goodies/toys and more user friendly etc etc...

it is a no brainer!!!

stop bleating on about ya bobbly front wheels, rear engined beatles please...

·
Banned
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sport Auto and many other tests has shown that the GTR is clearly slower than the GT2 around the Nurburgring. You really do have to wonder why the stock GTR used by independent testers have been far slower than the Nissan test car. As with Driver Republic, it wasnt the handling that was in question but was the power of the car.

Also with that hill theory, wouldnt the other cars going through the same section of the track face the same conditions? Why isnt any other cars showing a 20kph decrease in speed?
Heh just realised that you're the guy who made the post on 6speed lolz.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Heh just realised that you're the guy who made the post on 6speed lolz.
Wow you must be very smart to figure that out in just a couple of hours. I have to congratulate your colleges, resorting to insults and personal attacks effectively closed down a very fun thread.

I think this is enough comments for me on this thread. I’ll let you guys agree amongst each other. I’m sure you’ll have a blast talking about another thread on another forum.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Wow you must be very smart to figure that out in just a couple of hours. I have to congratulate your colleges, resorting to insults and personal attacks effectively closed down a very fun thread.

I think this is enough comments for me on this thread. I’ll let you guys agree amongst each other. I’m sure you’ll have a blast talking about another thread on another forum.

Of course youve made things better by joining in personally to confirm how much you have lost it ( thats assuming you had it in the first place)

And when you say you will let "us guys" agree with with each other I take it you mean to include pretty much everyone including all the motoring journalists who has driven or been in the car as oppossed to just your goodself who obviously hasnt.

By the way please come back

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts