GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone.
I currently own an R33 GTR V Spec.
The oil catch tank in it is ABBEY ROAD COMPANY and needs to be changed, It leaves oil droplets from the fumes on top of the tank and been told by Ron at RK its S*it quality anyway.
Can anyone reccommend a good qualty catch tank to replace it?
Cheers

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Cusco tank is meant to be good.
ABBEY ROAD.....make good records, shame about the tank :chuckle: :chuckle:
Sorry...couldnt resist

TT

·
Registered
832 Posts
Drain the tank and give it a good interior cleaning with mineral spirits or something of that nature. When the foam filter inside is cleaned of the oil, there should be much less "droplets"....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The ARC tank is good quality, i have adapted mine by putting a pipe from the vent to the underside of the car, this solves all the spray in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I get that aswel, i found if i empty very regularly then it dont do it as much.

Tony

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ARC tank is good quality, i have adapted mine by putting a pipe from the vent to the underside of the car, this solves all the spray in the engine bay.
Thats an Idea.
I would rather spend money on other parts, but how did you manage this??

·
Registered
25,652 Posts
ARC do some fantastic GTR parts, their quality is very very good, and tobe honest a hell of alot better than 99% of HKS items

the one on my GT-R i just empty out alot, also needsa good clean every 3month or so

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ARC do some fantastic GTR parts, their quality is very very good, and tobe honest a hell of alot better than 99% of HKS items

the one on my GT-R i just empty out alot, also needsa good clean every 3month or so
Cant really get in there tho can you?
Have to just rinse it out?

·
Registered
25,652 Posts
Ive a few ARC items on my Car

the catch tank ive got on mine is the same design as topsecret/bee*r design for R32

you can swish it about etc to clean it works fine, never had any issues doing that :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi guys just resurecting this thread as ive got the same issues with an ARC catch tank. All the oil caught seems to end up at the top of the tank where the breather holes are and the tank itself stays empty!

Im contemplating drilling the lower half to relocate the catch pipe to that position so it doesnt just fly all over my engine!

Input please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts