GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was about time to start my preperation for my season in the Dunlop Sport cup courtsey of Nissan )(thankyou very much) after a few quick emails i find myself at Millbrook with CATDT doing the Performance Driver Course.

I met up with Colin at the gate of Millbrook, he took me through security and back to CATDT headquarters for briefing. Straight away after talking to Colin for only a few minutes it dawns on you that this guy really know his stuff, his knowledge is unbelieveable he was using words i had never heard of but all made sense later.A few demo laps in the Focus and i was let loose in the specially prepared Subaru, i dont want to go into to much detail in what the day consists of because i think anyone thats wants to learn how to drive faster and safer needs to go to CATDT for a day but in a nutshell i learnt Braking techniques, threshold braking with and without ABS, Single Input steering, heel and toe, left foot braking, double lane changing,transitional turns,hairpins, apex, clipping points,track knowledge and how to break it into sectors, setting up the car with suspension adjustments and the list goes on.

The day is actioned packed and not sat in a classroom bored for half of it.I really could not believe the amount i had learnt in one day,Colin is a really genuine nice guy the day is organised to perfection.

If i wanted to go faster i would no longer think exhaust system or bigger turbos i would just go back to CATDT and learn some more infact i have already booked the next day!

I now feel more confident for my first outing in the RJN Nissan 370Z which should hopefully be in the next couple of weeks.

A massive thankyou to Jo for the organising and to Colin for being an excellent instructor hopefully it will all come togehter and i wont be last!!!!!

Craig

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Some of the finest track drivers on this forum have passed through CATDT:bowdown1:;) and Millbrook is just fantastic

Look forward to hearing more as your Academy experience unfolds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts