GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just been round to price up a job at my wife freinds house and i turned up in my skyline. her husband seemed very interested in my car asking the usual what bhp, 0-60etc.
then he said i will take you on. i said what in your beemer ok then....
then the bombshell, he said no in my toy.
he took me to his garage and sitting there was a caterham 7 running 245bhp at the fly wheel.. now i know these things weigh less than a bag of sugar so to speak so my question is what will i need to beat this chappy on the track
:squintdan :squintdan :smokin:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i have a mate with a 260bhp caterham it does the 1/4 mile in 11.30 ,so unless your going to up your power id leave it.

3,665 Posts
Andy you beat me to it.....LOL

The caterham may not be that quick on a 1/4 but on the track I would say the Caterham would be very hard to stay with unless you 32 was a fully sorted track car with a proper brake set up,suspension set up and around 500 bhp and you also need to be a switched on driver . Caterhams are a awesome track car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
think you'll struggle to beat it provided the speeds stay under 100mph, if you were to had a long stretch of provate track you'll probably have him after 110-120 ish

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Caterhams are what? 1/3rd the weight of a R32 GTR?

If its not the acceleration that beats you, its the braking and cornering agility of a lighter car that will.

Get in front of him on a launch, and drive "defensively" :D

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
give him a weight penalty make him tow a trailer with bricks in it:chuckle:

·
Registered
65 Posts
is R32 lloyd for real?

skylines are good cars but on track a basic caterham would laugh at you.

one with 250 bhp, track day rubber and super lightweight would probably be lapping you after a couple of laps!!

1540 kgs with 300 bhp versus 250 bhp and it weighs max 500kgs with driver and fuel.

you guys need to wake up sometimes!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
you guys need to wake up sometimes!
Why's that then MATE? We have all agreed that a Caterham is a better track car..

The point is a Caterham is not a REAL car now is it.. It doesn't even have any door's for Christ's sake, let alone 4 seats and Air con :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Rain is by far your best chance lol. The lightness will kill you on the corners and in braking as has been said but in the wet they are a right dangerous little machine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i did say to him i will race you in the wet:D
anyway i was only wondering if a r32 could take on a caterham 7 with a good spec i wasnt going to do it i was just a little curious:thumbsup:

·
6,817 Posts
rain, humidity, leaves, sand, stones, mud, bumps are all the little things that will let that C7 fly like a bird into the trees . . . the Attesa and Hicas were created to deal with the streets of the world. Just seat back and tell your self that no RWD car in the world can keep up with you under all theses conditions . . .

The C7 is for the sunny sunday afternoon track lap . . . no use on real streets and real changing weather conditions . . .

What people seem to forget is that the GTR was build in japan for road use. And despite having a track like Suzuka, the japanese engineers build a car that will hold the streets in conditions, where all other RWD supercars can just stay in the hot garages and watch.:chuckle:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts