GTR Forum banner

CBA Audio Behaviour

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Parabat 
#1 ·
At the beginning of last summer my audio system stopped working - seemed to be the same problem that many owners have experienced. Everything else on the centre console was fine.

Anyway, i never got round to doing anything about it, drove without audio for 4 months, then put car away for winter at beginning of November. Yesterday, i went out to start the car for the first time this year - to find trickle charger had not been working - battery flat. Got that sorted, and to my surprise the audio is now working perfectly again.

Has anyone experienced similar before? I thought once the audio system died that was it - had to be replaced.

Or is it likely to die again soon?

Thanks, Ivan

#4 ·
I've read previously that the hard drive can fail to boot up properly and then crashes, killing the audio/sat nav. Maybe when the power came back on it rebooted properly (i.e. fully) and hence all working OK? Whatever has happened, hopefully it was just a glitch. I know others have had less good luck and the unit has failed beyond reasonable repair, requiring replacement.

#6 ·
The first one was the Nissan extended warranty that they did, that was put in about 18 months after I bought the car. This lasted about 3 years and was then replaced by a Clarion refurbished unit supplied by R35 Audio, that lasted 10 months before it started to make “crackling” noises so Andy gave me another free replacement.

#8 ·
These older units have serious design flaws. Just don't bother with them. When they go or have issues, get the DBA upgrade. Keep saving OP, you'll need it soon I'm sure.

Andy

#9 · (Edited)
The first one was the Nissan extended warranty that they did, that was put in about 18 months after I bought the car. This lasted about 3 years and was then replaced by a Clarion refurbished unit supplied by R35 Audio, that lasted 10 months before it started to make “crackling” noises so Andy gave me another free replacement.
I've had the same “crackling” noises with that one. After those, I've started for checking something new and found a great article about av receiver under 300 dollars here , where author explained a lot of details about every receiver. I think that model Yamaha R-N303 is one of the best in that list of receivers.

#11 · (Edited)
Tesla style vertical GPS navigation Nissan gtr, looks like the yanks are working on this, sorting the software, about $1399 all in with harnesses etc, be handy and poss a nice upgrade if not buggy, for us cba peeps with mfd issues etc

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.