GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What color did you get them done in exactly compadre? That is a dark silver correct? Might be just me, but not that easy to tell with the lighting and shadows.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobody want some super-light forged jdm goodness? These are way lighter than your rota equivalents.

These don't come up often in these widths and offsets. Get it while you can!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some info on monoblock wheels, which you can see stamped on the above picture.

'In the wheel industry monoblock and 3 piece are two of the most popular types of forged wheels. The terms "monoblock" and "3 piece" refer to the construction of the wheel, but the similarities end there. In fact, there are many differences between the two types that make each ideal for different kinds of automotive applications.

Monoblock wheelsare also referred to as "one-piece" wheels, meaning that they are forged into a single part without any removable components. During the manufacturing process a monoblock wheel begins as a single, round block of 6061-T1 aluminum alloy. The aluminum block is compressed and subjected to intense heat which creates a dense grain structure and forms a round, blank piece of metal. The single piece of aluminum alloy is then flow-formed and placed in a CNC milling machine where the spokes are formed to finish the manufacturing process.

Being that monoblocks are made from a single piece of aluminum alloy, they are the lightest of forged wheels. Their low weight is sought after as they help to reduce unsprung mass which can reduce acceleration times, enhance braking, and improve handling. Monoblock wheels are often less expensive than their 2- or 3-piece forged counterparts, as fewer parts are used for construction. However, if a monoblock wheel is damaged or bent they are difficult to repair, often requiring a complete wheel replacement.'

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5883510

·
Registered
49 Posts
A set of these were for sale recently with tyres for around £900. I would be interested but too rich at that money without tyres.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A set of these were for sale recently with tyres for around £900. I would be interested but too rich at that money without tyres.
Do you have a link? And were they in these widths/offsets freshly refurbed so no curbing etc? I was looking for years and never found any at that price.

These are over £500 a wheel new before shipping and taxes, so still worth the money I have them up for. Had a lot of interest but no cash in my hand as of yet.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Do you have a link? And were they in these widths/offsets freshly refurbed so no curbing etc? I was looking for years and never found any at that price.

These are over £500 a wheel new before shipping and taxes, so still worth the money I have them up for. Had a lot of interest but no cash in my hand as of yet.
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/295185-rays-wheels-tyres.html

They are 9's though, not 9.5's but are the same offset. Very nice wheels and, as per the advert, not kerbed.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/295185-rays-wheels-tyres.html

They are 9's though, not 9.5's but are the same offset. Very nice wheels and, as per the advert, not kerbed.
They do look good :chuckle:

I couldn't see the offset on there? Or what the condition of the tires were or how much life is left?

The wheels are hard to find and don't come up often, even harder in this width. Has a good level of dish as you can see which is rare in these, and perfectly suited for Skylines.

Those were exceptionally good prices, not suprised they got snatched up! I am sure someone will snap these up too... due to the level of PMs I am receiving. :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The link above was the set I seen. What colour were yours originally?
Honestly speaking not sure, I don't think CE28s come in a wide variety of colours originally. I bought these in this colour, as they are a great colour when you see them in real life.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts