GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ceracote....Creamish gooye stuff in a can

I have put Ceracote (Ceramic coating ) in my engine , like many other have done(to Gary's delight :D ), on Saturday.

I noticed an immediate difference in that the engine seems to run smoother and revs slightly more eagerly.

As to power ,I didn't notice any significanrt power gain.

Has anybody else noticed any difference?

Cheers

Paul..............

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
White stuff in small can.

Paul as you know i to added some of the gunk you are referring to to my engine before I left the grasshopper, unfortunately I didn't notice any difference as the car fellt completely different with the new exhaust that was fitted that morning.

Im sure it does work though:D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ceracoat

Ditto .. a bit smoother ... more power??? hard to tell when you are >400 BHP really as I guess it would be only 5hp or so.

But I track the economy so I'll know about that in a week or two .. but smoother does it for me :)

Cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
white sticky stuff

Hi Paul

Yes I noticed that the engine was much smoother immediatly. By the time I got back to Cranleigh the engine seemed to sound slightly sweeter. As to power increase would not like to say but if it is protecting the engine better at higher temperatures, that's got to be the main advantage.

Rgds Ian

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Gunk

Gunk Ian.

At least call it 'Liquid Gunk' for the sake of Gary at GT-ART. I mean he started the Liquid Gold with the Motul product so I reckon the association should carry on :) .

Only 5 more weeks pocket money to save Gary and I'll be after a can.

Sounds like you are getting good feedback from it though.

glen

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
spunk

Ian i think you mean SPUNK not gunk dont you:D
I will put up a post on this thread very soon in detail of what advantage Ceracote will give and why, you must remember that i do test all my addatives first in the beast and if it dont work i will say so, i enjoy testing new stuff as thats what its sold for to be used and enjoyed,and at the same time protect the RB basicaly all oils and addatives do a simular thing but time moves on and picking a few good ones from the bunch is worth knowing about.
However i do stress that liquid lubricant etc no matter how good can not reverse WEAR that probably allready exists in some engines but if caught early enough the use of the best possible lubricant will reduce it dramatically.
LIQUID GOLD motul 15\50 so far as i am concered can not be beaten the reason for this is motul own all the patents of ester bases so other oil companys can not use them,
Gary
GT-ART.CO.UK
THE FUTURETIVE
by the way i recon the BEAST is over the 700 barrier now will see soon. Glen whats ruperts new torque figure?and glad to see your saving your pocket money for CERACOTE.:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I believe

that it's £25 here but as it's made in Switzerland, I reckon it would be almost impossible to find in the US.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yup, It's made by a company called AM Chemicals Ltd. in Switzerland

Their website is in French and German mainly with English in progress.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ORDER

Yup
Just order it from me something about sole rights:D :)
Gary
GT-ART
THE FUTURETIVE

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
futuretive

Joss
its a thing of the future and thats me mate:D
Gary
GTART.CO.UK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts