GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got experience with them ???

I'm thinking of going to the Z-tune 8 pot stoppers and instead of getting larger steel rotors figured I might go ceramic since Porsche seem to think they're OK on their GT2.

Mate of mine has just received his revamped rotors after they pulled them from production on the GT2, so whatever demons they had they think they've fixed them..

What do you guys say ??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how expensive it's likely to be, but I'll find out as I've e-mailed them to ask the question.

Not sure if they can be used with normal calipers of if they need to be special calipers.........

I think they can be normal as my friends GT2 came with steel rotors whilst they were sorting the ceramic ones and now they've just sent him, well his dealer the new ceramic rotors, no new calipers !

I'll let you all know anyhow
Fraser

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had absolutly no feedback from either Movit in Germany or it's UK distributor............useless gits !

I would have thought they'd be keen to sell me some gear but obviously not.

I'll have to start looking at AP and other options.

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear what you're saying mate. The thing I'm thinking about is saving something like 20 pounds in unsprung weight.............they say ceramic doesn't brake much better than steel equivilent, but that loss of weight has got to make a difference.

It's also less rotating mass too............ Not sure if you can use normal calipers with ceramic rotors, if you can then I may change to AP's, but Movit's stuff looks pretty nice, monobloc design.

Anyone got any idea of the maximum front and rear rotor sizes you can run ???? If I'm going to do it I'll do the whole car and go large, but of course I want to keep the bias similar.

Is it easier to just get what you can and adjust the bias later or try to do it with the size of the rotor and leave the bias from factory alone ???

Cheers for the help
Fraser

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will they fit under 18" wheels OK ??? I assume so as I know you think ahead mate. Was this the kit you were looking at a while ago ??

What do they do for the rear ?????????

Want to do all round. Same really applies to your message though.......I wanted to see what the deal with ceramic was as there's a fair whack of weight to lose.....

Cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are those calipers 6 pot ?

Doesn't look like it, but then again they look larger than the factory ones !!! What size in mm are those rotors DCD ??? Are they about the biggest you'll fit under 18's ??

Any answers people ???

Thanks Fraser

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Dino,

That's exactly the sorta thing I've been after..............fill those 18's right out ..........should look sweet, but most importantly, should work well on the track !!! Brake fade...........what's that ??? :D :D

Cheers
Fraser

1 - 14 of 14 Posts