GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There ,

I am thinking of changing the brakeline to goodridge but after reading the stillen version, realize that they are the only one which doesnt need to replace the stock hardline. Does anyone here had experience on the goodridge and whether it is a good idea to replace the stock line since i am sure they are decent in quality also?

Pls advice and thanks

Winsome

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Stillen's lines are made by Goodridge!

And other, much cheaper, lines like the Do-Luck ones also utilise the stock hard lines.

I'm getting Sumo Power to supply and fit a set of the Do-Luck stainless teflon lines next week.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx bros

just checked out also that most of the newer versions no longer require removal of the hardline. heard good things about doluck but at the moment enquiring goodridge.

btw David
heard u have installed ds2500 and u didnt really like them? i just bought a set for my upcoming trackday. small track and since i am going to use it for my stock disc so did a lot of research and went fr the 2500, the other candidate is endless ex72, also none aggessive to oem disc but fr occasional track use.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
thx bros

just checked out also that most of the newer versions no longer require removal of the hardline. heard good things about doluck but at the moment enquiring goodridge.

btw David
heard u have installed ds2500 and u didnt really like them? i just bought a set for my upcoming trackday. small track and since i am going to use it for my stock disc so did a lot of research and went fr the 2500, the other candidate is endless ex72, also none aggessive to oem disc but fr occasional track use.
I didn't like them for track work. Poor initial bite and they seemed to overheat quite easily leading to quite severe juddering on my new AP discs.

Will be swapping to EBC Yellowstuff as used by Nissan in the Race Academy events last year.
If they're not good enough, then I will try Endless as I had a good experience with them on R33.

·
Registered
535 Posts
David, if the Yellowstuff were used at the 'Ring when we were there, I wouldn't go for them! 'My' car's brake pedal was nearly hitting the floor after a few laps . . . . . and bearing in mind the instructor then crashed it into another GTR during the race at the hairpin . . . . . oh no, that was because of the red mist and not touching the brakes til the 50m board even though we were at 160mph!!!!!!!!!! Even so, I wasn't that impressed with them, although they seem good on my Supra so maybe it was just that particular GTR on the day???

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Stillen's lines are made by Goodridge!

And other, much cheaper, lines like the Do-Luck ones also utilise the stock hard lines.

I'm getting Sumo Power to supply and fit a set of the Do-Luck stainless teflon lines next week.
David,

Did you ever get the Do-Luck flexi hose replacements fitted and if so how have they been, I want to swap mine out but the name Do-Luck does well not sound very "techie" :)

Cheers

Eddie

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I have du luck

fiddle to fit and get the location done the tuner told me but work OK

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
David,

Did you ever get the Do-Luck flexi hose replacements fitted and if so how have they been, I want to swap mine out but the name Do-Luck does well not sound very "techie" :)

Cheers

Eddie
Interesting story there. Sumo are Do Luck dealers (very well respected Japanese tuning brand), but the set they had had the wrong type of fitting.

So they supplied a set of Goodridge ones in the end which still required some jiggery pokery especially re the angle they fit the stock union block to ensure a good fit.

Can't honestly say I've noticed any great improvement in pedal firmness or response over stock, but the stock lines could only degrade over time so they're probably better over the long term.

I would stick with changing pads and fluid first and only do the lines if you feel there really is to much slack in the brake feel.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Interesting story there. Sumo are Do Luck dealers (very well respected Japanese tuning brand), but the set they had had the wrong type of fitting.

So they supplied a set of Goodridge ones in the end which still required some jiggery pokery especially re the angle they fit the stock union block to ensure a good fit.

Can't honestly say I've noticed any great improvement in pedal firmness or response over stock, but the stock lines could only degrade over time so they're probably better over the long term.

I would stick with changing pads and fluid first and only do the lines if you feel there really is to much slack in the brake feel.
Thanks for the feedback David, that was pretty much the concussion I was coming to WRT fitting the hoses. I have read various stories about different hose manufactures, and they all without exception have some issues with the length or fittings on these kits so I think unless you live at the track the stock hoses will suffice with a decent pad and brake fluid and avoid the hassle of the hose it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts