GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skyline is the BEST - maybe we'd all agree on that, but even the best of cars is going to have little problems here and there. I was wondering what little (or big) changes everyone would want to see on the new Skyline R35?!?!?!

Me? For starters I'd like to get rid of that annoying beep when you go over 100KPH!!!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "you're going too fast" warning beep!

When I got my skyline it made a little beeping sound whenever you go over 100KPH on the speedo, used to drive me mad until I learned how to disable the bloody thing. No idea's at to why Nissan would put that on a car like the skyline! As if anyone is going to slow down when they hear it!

Maybe they automatically disable it when they're exported, or maybe it is disabled when the switch the speedo from KPH to MPH?!

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Dave,

Car manufacturers in Japan had to put that annoying beep until the early 90s in most of thir cars. I don't think it was law, but a lot of them did use it. I never heard of one fitted to an R33 though...

The new V35 Skyline doesn't have that beep

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I couldn't see the point in having it on the car either, I mean it is not like anyone sticks to the speed limits on the expressways - certainly not the chuo anyhow. My car is a 1995 R33 GTS, which is turning out to be one of the rarer Skylines. I haven't seen many about, certainly not in Kofu/Yamanashi which puzzled me at first...

but then again. A 2 litre RB20E isn't exactly a performance motor!Well, not compared to a turbo'd skyline, and certainly not compared to a RB25DETT!! Most people choosing a skyline are choosing it for the performance and as my younger brother put it - "my motor couldn't pull the skin of rice pud!"

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts