GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is quickly dropping a few gears not a very quick process when you do it manually. By quickly flicking the paddle say 3 times id expect the car to change down 3 gears but it might only change down 1 or MAYBE 2. To me it seems you need to leave a slight delay in pulling the paddle again. It makes changing from say 6th to 2nd rather tedious. In automatic mode it hurtles down the gears. Is this the same for everyone or an issue with my car?

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I always drive with trans set in R and in manual and tbh I've been very impressed with how quickly it changes down with 2/3 clicks on command. I know it's not the same in normal as it likes to take its time and smooth things out a bit more. Are you in R mode?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Is it just me or is quickly dropping a few gears not a very quick process when you do it manually. By quickly flicking the paddle say 3 times id expect the car to change down 3 gears but it might only change down 1 or MAYBE 2. To me it seems you need to leave a slight delay in pulling the paddle again. It makes changing from say 6th to 2nd rather tedious. In automatic mode it hurtles down the gears. Is this the same for everyone or an issue with my car?
Which mode are you in when doing this?

Normal mode there will be a delay, but in R mode it should be pretty quick...Provided the revs are low enough/dropping otherwise the car won't allow the shift to happen.

There has been folk on here hitting downshift and the cars gone into first which is obviously somit you want to avoid

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh that's the problem hopefully. I always drive in normal mode to avoid bouncing off the limiter in first. Will try it in R later. I'm assuming in R mode it will still not allow you to change down if its going to over rev?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Ahh that's the problem hopefully. I always drive in normal mode to avoid bouncing off the limiter in first. Will try it in R later. I'm assuming in R mode it will still not allow you to change down if its going to over rev?
True

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
What version of EcuTek are you running as well? I'm sure with the latest version downshifts have been quicker. (v4)

(That is, if you are running a modified car!)

·
Registered
747 Posts
In R or normal, it won't let you down shift unless it's within the parameters. The parameters are the same from my experience. The car also has a limiter which is a safety mechanism, unlike older cars which you can blow the engine? So would not worry about it too much.. unless I have misunderstood how it works.. don't have issue with hitting the limiter tbh! B

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cars a standard 2012. Drove it in R yesterday the down changes are indeed much quicker. They are still super smooth in R mode so I can't really see the point in making them slower and less decisive in normal mode?? I don't really see the point either in allowing the engine to bounce of its limiter in R mode I think it should change up itself as per normal mode

1 - 8 of 8 Posts