GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which oil should i use in my Getrag 6-speed gearbox ?
Iam also lookin for a guide with pics that describe the oil change.

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^Bump

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Men Johan, varför går du över ån efter vatten när det bara är att ringa? :D ;)Sorry for the Swedish guys... :)

/P

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
what about the rest of us r34 gtr owners! would you be so kind to let us know how to do it aswell, thankyou!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Sure mate! :D I just thought it had been covered before so didn´t bother to write it then. :) I´ve been using Redline light shockproof gearbox oil as recommended to me by Gary at GT-aRt. Haven´t had any problem at all with the syncros (sp?). (Could be the fact that I only run stage 1.)

The actual change is easiest done if you have an electrical pump and a plastic hose so you can pump the new oil into the gearbox (after draining the old of course). If you don´t have an electrical pump you could use a mechanical one but it´s a bit of a pain.

/P

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Had some real shitty luck were my getrag is scrap and had to buy a new one. So you can understand how the box is going to be precious to me.

Okay you've covered the the main bit, but because mine is a v-spec, something about the rear oil coolers and making sure you put extra oil in cause the coolers and pipes store abit inside thus lowering the amount in the box.
Then there's pressure issue, some one said circulate the oil then top it up, the system should now have adequate oil.

Please enlighten me cause its just too much information. If you could explain in sequence it would be much appreciated:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ah I forgot you have a UK spec. The coolers aren´t mounted on the Japanese V-spec models, only the UK ones.

First drain the oil from the box. Remove the rear diffuser so you can get access to the electrical plug for the oil pump to the cooler for the gearbox. Then you need a 12 volt battery to run the pump to drain the oil that´s in the cooler and the lines. When you´ve emptied those you can refill the box with fresh oil. Run the pump til you´ve filled up the cooler and the lines and top up to the proper level. Remember to put the plug back in the gearbox and also put the diffuser back. ;)

Think that covers it in short terms. Hope you understand how I mean? :)

/P

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can agree with Perra about the oil reccomendation it works, but you could probebly get a hold of the orignal nissan oil for it if you like
Part no KLD40-00004 haven't checked with nissan sweden yet, though I would do so tomorrow, if they could get a hold of it.
Shipping oils from japan is a bitch.

Om du vill så kan jag skriva ut om det gick lr inte.

//W

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
RightyO! Will have a good look when l get a chance to get back at the unit, more than likley l will be requesting further help:confused::chuckle: so hope you dont mind. Thanks for the help so far!!! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Just to let you know that the original Nissan oil as quoted part number above is stupidly priced.

Can't remember the exact price, but it was around £150+ for around 5litres

1 - 10 of 10 Posts