GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have done a search but didn't managed to answermy question. How easy is it to change the lambda sensors on a 33 GTR engine ?

I have done the RB25 DET's before which are relatively easy, and I have the Lambda removal tool.

Do I need to remove the 'twin turbo' piping ?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
piping needs come off and I found it mildly easier with the balance pipe out also....

mine was very hard (r32 gtr) but then I cant find a 17mm o2 socket for love nor money. R33 and r34 gtrs have different o2 sensors using a 22m socket (readily available)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I had to buy a crowfoot to get the rear out {32}.
cokey

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
What is the rough amount of time or mileage that the sensors should last for before they need replacing?? I would imagine that there isn't a set time or mileage that they are designed to last for, but on average, what have people seen or experienced.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are actually a service item. 5 Years or 100,000km's I believe.

Gave me an extra 40 miles a tank on my last Stagea, and improved it on my Skyline too. Worth doing.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
If you have put any leaded fuel through the engine the O2 sensors will have a shortened life span, but otherwise they seem to vary in time / miles before they get lazy or die. You often see an MPG increase when you renew even 50,000 mile old sensors.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
On a related topic, anybody know the part number for the lambda sensors for an R34GTR?

Also, where's the best place to get them (I assume it's got 2)? My local Nissan dealer are worse than useless.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Mark is right you know boys... I bought the right tools even though the job had been done.... just checked and if I had the flexible 17mm crows foot it would have been a doddle.

How tight do they need to be Mark?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Wheres the best place to buy a couple of these Lambda sensors, for a R33 GTR, my cars fitted with a RIPs RB30/26 would the sensors still be the same??

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The sensors are read by the ECU, you need to find out what the ecu is expecting to read. What is the ecu fitted?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I would assume it's running either just one O2 sensor then, or two, a narrow band for the ecu and a wideband for a readout? Does the F-Con work off a wideband? It's not an ecu I am familiar with.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I would assume it's running either just one O2 sensor then, or two, a narrow band for the ecu and a wideband for a readout? Does the F-Con work off a wideband? It's not an ecu I am familiar with.
I have no idea, thats a question I'll have to ask TR Racing. Decided to change them anyways, I've had the car 4 years, done about 6000 miles since I've had it, total mileage is 78,000 miles, I expect it wont hurt to change them.

3,665 Posts
Pupsi,

HKS F-con doesnt use the stock lambda,s , if you want feedback while using F-con you need to add a wideband lambda sensor set up that then allows you to set of closed loop feedback.

Mark

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Pupsi,

HKS F-con doesnt use the stock lambda,s , if you want feedback while using F-con you need to add a wideband lambda sensor set up that then allows you to set of closed loop feedback.

Mark
Mark the only reason why I was thinking of replacing them is because someone said that it will improve the MPG and that they should be replaced every 5 years or so. So in my case, whilst running an F-Con, I wont see any benefits??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts