GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

what would it take to change from a t88 turbo to something like a t04z or maybe a smaller gt35r

i know it would need a re-map but would it fit onto exisiting manifold?

im sure the downpipe would need modifying and so the intake but thats pretty simple stuff.

cheers for any info.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Our TO4Z went straight on the T78 manifold so it wouldnt take a huge amount of work, just modifying the exhaust pipe off the turbo.

Cheers, Ant.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers ant.

stupid question now...

when looking at a turbo from the top you normally have a feed pipe in the middle, was this the same for your new turbo?

cheers

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Luffy said:
cheers ant.

stupid question now...

when looking at a turbo from the top you normally have a feed pipe in the middle, was this the same for your new turbo?

cheers
Eh?

All turbos have the oil feed pipe at the top and return at the bottom.

T88s are oil cooled so no water cooling.

But T4Zs are water cooled I think.

Can rotate the housings so the inlets and outlets face any way you want, 10min job if you know what you doing. I dont mind sorting it for you.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SteveN said:
Eh?

All turbos have the oil feed pipe at the top and return at the bottom.

T88s are oil cooled so no water cooling.

But T4Zs are water cooled I think.

Can rotate the housings so the inlets and outlets face any way you want, 10min job if you know what you doing. I dont mind sorting it for you.

thats what i meant steve, if the t04z is water cooled what mods would i need to do to sort this.

cheers

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Yes correct Alex.
And as soon as Tim did that he took 1 second off his time.:clap: :clap:

Give Abbey a call Luffy they will be able to tell you the ins and outs. Speak to Mark he is the man to talk to on that subject

·
Registered
61 Posts
I believe that you need an oil restrictor for the oil feed if you are changing to To4z :bowdown1: , since it is a ball bearing turbo where the T88 is not, otherwise you will more than likely damaging the turbo. :bawling:

As for the water feed and return, you can use the water feed from the standard set up. :D

Regards

Skylinegtr0415

1 - 11 of 11 Posts