GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone,

I suspect the battery on my GTR33 is on its way out (on account of it stranding me at the CO-OP :mad:)

I have been and bought a replacement battery (I think I have the correct one), but when I came to do the simple job of swapping it, I find a strut brace blocking the way.

I am in no way, shape or form, mechanically minded and my "Technical Alarm" was ringing wildly at the thought of undoing something on the car !!

Can anyone help me with a procedure (or is it as simple as loosen the strut brace in the middle and disconnect at the ends, and the battery comes out) as I feel the words "Torque Wrench" and "Settings" come into play.

Also is there anything to watch for with disconnecting the battery (Rear Wheel Alignment??)

Many Thanks for any help

Tas.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Easy mate, just undo the left side completely, and loosen the other side, thus dropping the left side to get to the battery.

Had to do it myself a few weeks ago. A micra K10 battery will work a treat!:smokin:

·
Registered
430 Posts
When you reset the ecu you need to have the wheels pointing straight ahead or it will mess up the hicas computer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts