GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a quick search but can't find anything. Car is at the valeters and the battery is now knackered. I'm going to go up there with and *hopefully* it's a bit of fiddling around in the boot and done?

Is it going to require anything more than a 10mm/13mm spanner, screwdrivers and common sense?

I only ask as it's sods law I go up there and find it needs to some obscure posidrive bit to get a panel off or something....

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You will need to remove the rear strut etc to get to the battery.

i would recommend getting rid of the stock r34 gtr bat, and sticking an Optima Red Top RT S 3.7 battery in. This is what I went for, and not looked back :)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the advice guys!

and a little time and patience...
Ah...so there is a modicum of swearing involved! Is there a special technique? I.e get a workbench, park that behind the car and then across that into the boot? I don't fancy working at the front of the boot bent double over it from the boot sill...that sounds like right grief for the back!

Christian, I would have looked into the Optima but the standard one has already arrived. The last one managed 5 years and it was quite happy to sit for 5 weeks and still start fine...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts

Ah...so there is a modicum of swearing involved! Is there a special technique? I.e get a workbench, park that behind the car and then across that into the boot? I don't fancy working at the front of the boot bent double over it from the boot sill...that sounds like right grief for the back!
Spose you could...when I did mine I took my knee pads and did a lil hunchback...kind of a pain for sure.:bawling:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts

Christian, I would have looked into the Optima but the standard one has already arrived. The last one managed 5 years and it was quite happy to sit for 5 weeks and still start fine...
Flippin heck, your starts after 5 weeks!!! No wonder you don't mind using a normal battery again!!!

psd1; have you changed the terminals to fit the Optima red top?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts