GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing new turbos in my BNR32 (gt2860-5). I wanted to know which gaskets I should change. So far I have the manifold gaskets, exhaust inlet gasket, exhaust outlet gasket, and new copper washers for the cooling lines. I paid around 100£ for just those gaskets from a local shop, is that alot? I was wondering if I should also get the gaskets for the cold-side of the turbo, the air inlet/outlet. Also should I put liquid gasket on any of the gaskets to further seal them. I've never done a turbo job so I don't know what to do.

Thanks
Mitch

·
Registered
287 Posts
gaskets

if your putting new gaskets in on the hot side, then metal is probably your best bet especially on the turbo flange. It all gets too hot for liquid gaskets. As long as the matching faces are square and flush fitting you shouldn't have any problems. Someone told me of thermal barrier gaskets for the inlet side which stops the heat transferring to the inlet manifold, it something im looking into for my next rebuild as my plenum gets pretty hot after i've been running the engine for a while.
Regards, The Freak

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
alot of people use the inlet manifold gaskets made of ptfe i have one on my pulsar and i know the 200sx boys use them too

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You should be able to reuse composite gaskets if their faces are undamaged. For peace of mind you could put a very light smear of blue Hylomar on the gaskets for the cold side. The multi layer metal gaskets for the hot side should always be fitted dry. Be aware Nissan used stainless M8 nuts in some areas of the hot side set up. You should not replace them with mild steel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts