GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is not the place, couldn't find a performance upgrade section?

I have am currently running the SVM750R conversion on my 13 plate.

I have now covered more than 28,000 miles in only 12 months. This car has done LOTS of track use. Thise than know me on here can only agree LOL

I am now using this vehicle doing passenger laps round Donington Park once a fortnight. Hiwever predominently this is my daily runner and I have other tous for the traxk so need to find a happy balance ;)

I am looking to increase engine power (mainly for the road and the larger circuits such as Spa) and in doing so considering all aspects to aid with the cooling side of things.

I am a big fan of charge coolers (have one on an insane track toy) and just wondering if anyone knows if they are produced for the GTR's?

I would imagine the hardest part would be where the heck to pit the reservoir as their is already naff all room under that hood LOL

My thinking is to reduce temp pressure, increase boost the winding up the torque curce ... excellent for tight bends on track and those winding country roads ;)

Food for thought anyways :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh my word!! You can certainly tell I typed the above on my phone lol

I have been having a look around and have seen a couple on the marketplace.

I am intrigued to know if anyone has used these on a R35??

It works a treat in my kitcar type thingy but as soon as stationary etc the heat really starts to build up. With this in mind I would say that it that current set up it would not be suitable for road use. Once moving however it really does drop the heat.

I am sure we have all seen the motorsport water coolant stuff, thinking that would aid with heat reduction?

Water injection would not be suitable for circuit racing IMO due to it atomising too quickly ... fine for drag racing when spooling up on the grid to keep pressure / temps ideal but once moving at great velocity i.e. bend after bend I don't thing the water jets would be able to keep up LOL

If anyone has any experience with these on the R35 I would be interested to hear from you :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
How's about plumbing the chargecooler into the air con system? Saving space and cooling a lot more effectively than a water based system?

Alternatively, Co2 might also work, but recirculating back into the feed bottle may be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts