GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows what typical BHP increase you get from a stated BAR value of boost.

I am just trying to work out what kind of power gains are made by using the over boost facility on a Boost controller. I fancy the Greddy Boost controller with the little steering wheel mounted button :smokin:

My car has the usual Abbey stage 1 upgrade/chip combination and Mark reckons it should be chucking out 380 BHP @1 Bar.
Am I right in thinking it is reasonably safe to overboost a standard R33 set of turbos (Ceramic) up to 1.2 bar ?

anyone got any experience in these matters ??

Thanks for any help.

/Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
SteveC

Regarding qualifying what boost pressure produces what HP: There is no such thing.

For example, different intercoolers, intake temps, piping, core efficiencies, turbo compressor efficiencies and exhaust housing A/R's all contribute.

1 bar on stock turbos is not the same as 1 bar on GT2530's, for example, as the power produced with each will be drastically different.

If you want to know on your own car, go to a dyno and measure it.

Mario.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boost

Thaks Guy, I had heard 1.2 for a 33 and 1.4 for the 34 so that could have just saved me a rebuild !!

/Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts