GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I almost forgot about this. Tommorow I am hosting a chat on my website Skyline-Group. You can get to my website on the link in my signature. Then just click on the 'Chat' button on the far right, when the navigation bar loads.

It will be hosted tommorow (Wednesday) at 9:00pm. I hope many of you will be able to make it! :) Please make a note in your diaries :D

Thank you,
Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Elliot,

I shall be in attendance for said chat as I missed the last one...

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan!

That's great. :) I hope to see you on there then. You can tell everyone about your R32 in detail. :D

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Elliot,

Not too sure I'm gonna be there ... I'm using WinXP home which for some bizarre reason has no default support for Java!!! wtf is it with Microsoft. The download from Sun to give Java is about 10Mb I believe so I'll have to download it at work and install it tomorrow ... Why remove Java?

Sorry dude :(

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Just left Jason. Spent 45 mins on there! Excellent chatroom elliott. Bit like the ones I go on where we talk dirty to each other but we talked cars......and about janspeds:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Refresh the page jason... just got that it looks like the java applet does not always initialise...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Thank you for the complement, Dave. It was great fun! :)

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work for you Jason. My Navigation Bar which loads up, is made using Javascript. The problem would be due to the reason which ZX suggested.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'm gonna download the latest Java Runtime environment from sun.com tomorrow, I cannot believe MS omitted it from XP Home, I believe it was due to a legal kafuffle with Sun Microsystems... Anyways, I'll be set for the next one ... so make it soon :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
JasonO said:
Dan,
Do you know if that download works ?

They even omitted it from Professional :(
Jason,

Microsofts own update is a massive mix of security fixes and lots of other patches to finish the product they failed to do in the first place... To obtain just the Java VM (the bit that does the work), the best place is the link below...

http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html

Sun Microsystems invented it, and their downloadable update has always worked best for me :D

Try it bud .. always been reliable before ;)

If you get any grief with it, drop me a PM.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Thanks Dan,

Being a bit dumb I never thought to get the Java VM form Sun :(

To obvious for me I suppose :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Sun is always my first choice ... infact its my choice of desktop machine .. just gotta get my OS sorted so I can leave this Windoze box just for playin' :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

I'm sorry if the chatroom is a bit bland. I will look for alternative chat services for the next chat session.

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nobody :eek: I'm just meant to say that it is quite difficult to read text on the screen, because everyone's post colour is the same. :)

-Elliot

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Oh Sorry, just my current frame of mind, busy working on stuff. :eek:

Yep, it can be difficult in chat sessions to keep up if every users text is the same colour.

Have you seen Scoobynets chat forum, it is really user friendly :), but I think the software they use is really expensive. :(
Have you considered setting something up on IRC ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts