GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably most people if not everyone on these forums have allready thought about having a chatroom on this website. Would it be possible Joss to have a chatroom on the website?
There are company's who do free chatrooms like Multicity etc...
Cheers
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chat

As an alternative, what the gt-four group does is have a set weekly chat time at 8pm on Sundays using MS Chat.

Obviously the room name and server etc are all pre arranged so its easy to find.

Doing it that way you always generate a good turn out of people instead of the odd chat just happening here and there.

Just a thought

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sounds good

Often sent people a PM when they're online, I'm sure this would be a lot easier:D

So Joss....?;) :smokin:

·
Registered
961 Posts
i like the idea

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hmmmmm

As Joss is in the land of valleys and sheep we will probably have to wait until Monday for an answer. Good idea though.

Andy

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hmm

Wales was rained off :(

But I just don't have the time right now to organise and host a regular chat forum, so I'll have to leave you guys to do it.

Maybe if there's a 100% automated system I could host it

Cheers

·
Registered
961 Posts
iam not sure what you mean about contact details
!!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Scoobychat works well, maybe we could meet up in there, and ask them to setup a room for us, EVO have a room in there which lies empty most of the time so it could be possible.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
MSN

MSN doesnt actually require a hotmail address, for example my msn address is [email protected] - just many people think its hotmail only.

It has advantages, but I dont think it the way forward in terms of a chat type system

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
211 Posts
MSN is propritary M$ stuff!
Lets keep it compatible and universal.
There are people running Linux, Unix and Mac on this forum.

·
Registered
404 Posts
GT-R chat room

Chris, Has a Chat room on his site at www.gtrowner.com I’ve not used it but then my tryping I mean typing not that good.

Paul.

·
Registered
446 Posts
MSN Messenger

It has advantages, but I don't think it the way forward in terms of a chat type system

MSN is proprietary M$ stuff

Tis true.........and MSN monitors and reports most that you do online.

ICQ is stronger and has more users. http://web.icq.com/

Just my 2c

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
If Chris already has a chat room at GTRowner why not use that. Seems a lot of effort to set up something separately when one already exists. I have no bias one way or another.

John

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am on MSN Messenger. My e-mail is:
[email protected]
You can add people into your chatroom with someone else who you are talking too. I don't know how many people it allows in 1 room.
Regards
-Elliot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts