GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It saddens me to say it, but although we are still talking about a minimum £30k plus car, with high insurance and running costs, an increasing number of cars are already joining the chav brigade, the same way that Scoobs and Evos did.

Question is, why??

Why does the GTR attract this kind of attention, and yet the Porsche 911 manages to escape such disasterous defacing?? You can buy a 997 for low twenties, yet the wealthy chavsters opt for the GTR to inflict their nastiness.

Just feels wrong... :(

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
What makes you think the R35's are so special to being "chaved up"?

It's happened way before with the R32, R33 and R34's.

And will happen way after the R35 too.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Caveman is right, sadly GTR's are attracting chavs at an increasing rate. Just like Skylines GTR's have done so in the past and GTS well that really has been chavved many times over.

It does not help with max power body kit companies popping up all over the place selling dodgy looking kits more suited to chav mobiles of the modern era and Saxos, Focuses and Corsas of the past

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
There's a huge selection of 'chav' parts for the Gtr there simply isn't for the porsche ... That's how I see it anyway.

I went to a meet with a friend in his 2012 gen2 PDK he was actually the only modified car there (map + exhaust) and all owners were disgusted he'd modified the car lol ...

·
Registered
522 Posts
'Chavs' as you call them are basically the max power brigade. Young car enthusiasts who buy cars as a hobby rather than just a means of transport.
Jap cars rule when it comes to this and the GTR is top of the pile. As with subarus,evos etc they are massively tuneable with an unlimited supply of aftermarket parts for all areas.

Porsches and the like dont have anywhere as much scope for 'playing with' and therefore dont have anywhere near the same appeal to chavs.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
I've seen plenty of Porsches with daft kits on. Bentley Continentals seem to be getting the treatment well. The biggest culprits are Range Rovers. Loads and loads of daft kits on them

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I wonder if chavs appreciate that the plural of GT-R is GT-Rs (note the complete lack of the possessive apostrophe)?

Reactions: nickedclogs

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I've seen plenty of Porsches with daft kits on. Bentley Continentals seem to be getting the treatment well. The biggest culprits are Range Rovers. Loads and loads of daft kits on them
Some of the Khan and Revere ones make me cringe. :eek:

In answer to the OP, it's going to happen because the GT-R (R35) is THE "dream car" for a lot of people.
So if they can stretch, earn, borrow you are always going to get people overstretching themselves to have one, then personalise it in various ways to stand out and show their bling factor.
Got to get one over your mates...

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Some of the Khan and Revere ones make me cringe. :eek:

In answer to the OP, it's going to happen because the GT-R (R35) is THE "dream car" for a lot of people.
So if they can stretch, earn, borrow you are always going to get people overstretching themselves to have one, then personalise it in various ways to stand out and show their bling factor.
Got to get one over your mates...
where does YELLOW fit in this

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Why take a car that already looks amazing, spent Hours and hours in a wind tunnel to get the aero just right to then ruin it all by putting dickhead bumpers and plain ugly body kits?!?!?

Sure lower it, change the wheels but leave the body alone..... unless said body parts are from Nissan.

As said before on here, the Porsche has few mods to speak of and when you do find them they are Bloody expensive..... the 997 Turbo full system was around 4K, remaps are expensive for a gooden etc etc

Jap motors will alwyas be mod-tastic cars sadly.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
It saddens me to say it, but although we are still talking about a minimum £30k plus car, with high insurance and running costs, an increasing number of cars are already joining the chav brigade, the same way that Scoobs and Evos did.

Question is, why??

Why does the GTR attract this kind of attention, and yet the Porsche 911 manages to escape such disasterous defacing?? You can buy a 997 for low twenties, yet the wealthy chavsters opt for the GTR to inflict their nastiness.

Just feels wrong... :(
911 owners are just richer Chavs:

To be fair I'm not sure that the rot doesn't run deeper. Even Porsche themselves are sailing close to the wind when they fit spoilers like this:

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Why take a car that already looks amazing, spent Hours and hours in a wind tunnel to get the aero just right to then ruin it all by putting dickhead bumpers and plain ugly body kits?!?!?

Sure lower it, change the wheels but leave the body alone..... unless said body parts are from Nissan.

As said before on here, the Porsche has few mods to speak of and when you do find them they are Bloody expensive..... the 997 Turbo full system was around 4K, remaps are expensive for a gooden etc etc

Jap motors will alwyas be mod-tastic cars sadly.
here, here, that is what I have been saying for years (at least 6!!!)

Don't **** with the aero !!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
In my argument regarding aero... As soon as power levels pass stock then aero needs attention. At 200+ my car felt like it was lifting really bad, once big wing was fitted it feels planted at high speeds.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Matt, that's all well and good but did you plant the front end at the same time. I learned that much from JCR. You shouldn't do the rear end without doing the front, front/rear balance is crucial, not just an individual downforce measurement.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
You need to inform Mr Nissan then as I beleive the car was tested to 200mph

1 - 20 of 285 Posts