GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a bit of digging around as i'm considering having my gearbox rebuilt (preventative more than resolving measure) in the not too distant future, where i stumbled across these guys in austrailia. http://www.justjap.com/parts_ngearbox.htm

anyone used them?

3200 AUS dollars works out at around 1300 notes GBP, which seems helluva cheap to me for what they're saying is a brand new standard OEM box. either ways i'm tempted.

some nice tuning bits on their website too, might give them a whirl for those too as i need some bits for my 200sx.

opinions?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
They were for sale for £800 on yahoo auction japan.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Depends how you ship it.

A car will go on to a big car transporter which is why it works out quite cheap where as something like a gearbox will go in or on a crate and the price will be worked out by size and weight which they then consolidate into smaller containers (normally) which is why it works out expensive.

**** is right something like that will cost bout £500-700 to ship over, i got some prices for someone before ill have a look.

edit to say just found prices i got for another member on here.

i worked on 100kilos for the box and to ship it by see was £300 and to ship it by air was £455 and that was priced from japan.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
MeLLoN Stu said:
not for me it wouldn't. not a penny :D

but, i am curious as to how it can cost so much to ship ****, when i was looking at getting a car shipped over i was getting quotes of under 1k, usually around the 750 mark :)

I would say at least £600 for shipping.

·
Registered
509 Posts
100kgs?

Just tell the shipping company it ways less than it does. When I sent an exhaust I arranged an online pickup.. the weight I first selected gave the shipping price at £50. I kept dropping the weight on the drop down menu until the price was acceptable (under £20) There was a big price jump going from 14 - 16kg for example.

Pretty sure anything over circa 25kg isn't allowed to be lifted unassisted anyway so the pickup driver (armed either with friend or barrow and tail lift) isn't going to weigh it.

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just as comparison, I got quoted £1600 by Gary at gt-art to fully re-build a gearbox when I was considering buying a R33 GT-R with gearbox trouble.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts