GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
he was selling a top secret tuned R34 gtr and that had no reserve and a couple of people had bid on it?? but he's still not got any feedback?

so something not quite right!!!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
SCAM

its got US phone number in the back window.

id stay well clear!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Theres alot of cars with the same sort of thing on ebay: BMW M3 2005 for 15grand,PORSCHE 911GT3 for 17.5 grand!!! i wouldnt trust them at all.
I emailed one to do a test as the car was alot cheaper than it should be and was told the car was in italy and not to worry as he would pay for the dhl shipping!!! After he had recieved the funds!! I dont know why people would be sucked into this, if it looks too good to be true then 99.9% of the time it is!

·
Registered
889 Posts
scam, there was also a midnight purple r33gtr uk spec for 5100 , curiosity got better off me so emailed, car was in hungary, asked for chassis no , to check dvla export not heard back from again.

·
Registered
510 Posts
they had the black r34 ive just advertised on ebay earlier in the week for 11k - they are a pain in the arse

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well i know that Pistonheads is a nightmare if you advertise a car for sale. I had my car on there for sale and i recieved loads of emails from overseas scammers about it. So i am guessing that the same problem must occur in reverse.....rubbish or fictious cars advertised for sale. It sounds like someone is fed up. Problem with having a lot of expensive metal in one place i guess.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Am I being really dense here or what? Just what is this 'SCAMMING'?

Here's what I assume it to be... Bloke pretends to own a car (er, with NO feedback), puts it up for sale at silly price, sells to someone, and they pay him through paypal, cheque, money transfer or whatever, buyer goes to collect, but no car and no seller....

Is this right?

Are there ACTUAL people out there that would REALLY do such a fantastically STUPID thing as paying money over to a complete stranger BEFORE meeting them and/or the CAR??????

Please tell me this isn't true and that there is more to it than that....???

PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes thats about it. You have people with lots of good feed back too >50 but they have just brought a load of 50p items to boost their score. With time you cannot see what they have spent as EBay times out the old links

1 - 20 of 22 Posts