GTR Forum banner

Cheapest japanese auction of private seller cars

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  psd1 
#1 ·
Hi guys, Im looking for an R32 skyline gtst as it seems to be the cheapest option for me. Im also thinking whether the the gts4 is a better option, as its 4wd. I don't know much personally about r32 non gtr's as I haven't driven any, thus I need a bit of help in deciding first which car is a good option, which one might be more fun to drive. The next bit is more important, as I'm looking for really cheap r32's, and since there are ton's of Japanese auction sites, I figure you lads would know of some that sell them cheap. My budget allows for about 2000gbp max(4k u.s. dollars), because shipping would run me up even more and legalization cost around 5,000. Can anyone recommend a good shipper, preferably one that is container and not RORO, because its safer. Some of these auctions work together with boat shipments, and I'm looking at getting the cheapest shipment prices. I know that in Japan, some of these r32's go for really cheap, and are in fairly good condition with about 100km's or so. I'm looking for one that is unmolested really, but mainly one that is cheap. Some of these individual owners sell them for real cheap. I just need some links and some feedback of some of the auctions that are really cheap in japan and sell these non gtr's, thanks so much guys! Wish I lived other there so I wouldn't have to be of trouble to you guys. :)

#5 ·
Be careful... Cheap will probably turn into a blody nightmare with the costs it will bring when it breaks. Cheapest is only what nobody else wants for good reasons.
You can't realistically expect to select a good 12-16 year old car from 2 pictures and an auction sheet.

Miguel.

#8 ·
All aside from which, it wouldn't be possible to register a Skyline in the States once it gets there...

Miguel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.