GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) can anyone tell me what the yellow checklight means it has only come on since i fitted mongose exhaust and hks induction kit

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Don't know Pulsars but did you de cat the pipe ?

sounds like the Llamda sensor from the cat to me ??

anyone else ?

hope this helps

Steve

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Mine is decatted and had a sensor in which is connected to the dash. It is just a temperature warning sensor in the cat and does not need plumbing in so it is left out!

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
SteveC said:
Don't know Pulsars but did you de cat the pipe ?

sounds like the Llamda sensor from the cat to me ??

anyone else ?

hope this helps

Steve
Sounds good to me.

The mongoose silencer (around the drivers seat sort of area on the underside of the car, where the CAT used to be), should have a "hole" in which the sensor can be plugged back in. Check whether it's come out or not.

If not, i recommend you post the message up on the GTI-R yahoo group (or i could do it on your behalf). This is the technical list for GTI-R's, and plenty of people will be able to provide you with the answer.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Llamda sensor

thanks very much 4 the help!! if could post that question on yahoo group it would be much appreciated cheers carling

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I had a word with me mate and he said he thought it was a llamda sensor but it could be Temperature as either would give the ECU the sort of information it needed. If you have left it off or it has got damaged then the light may be on as there is no input coming from it.

I have always heard peoplle refer to the sensor on the cat as the Llamda sensor though although I am quite frequently wrong !!

let us know what the outcome is on the Yahoo group Daz.

cheers
Steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I posted up on the GTI-R list and whilst posting i thought "I wonder if it's the CAT temp sensor".

A couple of people responded with the same thoughts, and another thought it was something to do with the oil level in the gearbox / transfer box.

Not sure if this helps really.....

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
levels

A couple of people said something about the levels in transfer box i will check it out. Thanks a lot for your help daz.
Cheers Carling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
firstly the cat sensor is a temp sensor . you really should run this as it is needed for the ecu . second get nissan to read the fault code on the car . ian at hiteq wigan can also do this as he is a nissan engineer not to be confused with a spanner monkey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts