GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have a COMPLETE set of Speccy games and emulators... I feel soooo old now...:( I remember having one of the 48K ones with rubber keys... And a ZX81:eek:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mainly use my PPC speccy emulator to play doomdarks revenge...

My oldest machine was a zx81 and my sisters ex was into electronics and soldered in an extra 1k so I had a 2k machine oooo the power......

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I was the coolest nerd on the block with my 48k Spectrum, but my mate was the 'Ubber-Geek' with his ZX80.

OK, I'mm off to download that emulator now :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
retro

still got my c64 with breeze block 5.25 disk drive and a couple of hundred games and a competition pro joystick!! Must dig it out one day although don't know if i'm strong enough to lift that floppy drive.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: retro

wendle said:
still got my c64 with breeze block 5.25 disk drive and a couple of hundred games and a competition pro joystick!! Must dig it out one day although don't know if i'm strong enough to lift that floppy drive.
Now that brings back some fond memories - Competition Pro jockeystick - I remember a marathon session with one of those on the Amiga playing 'DropZone' - 12 hour sesh! - couldn't do 12 minutes nowadays:)
Ah the old days.... we must perform a quirkafleeg!!!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Ahh,

Fond memories of a Kempston Pro with the Speccy, and then a Competition Pro for the Amiga, I used to play Lotus Esprit Turbo and can't think of a replacement car racer game that has quite the same thrill.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm trying to think of my erm route now

ZX81
Speccy 16
x3 Speccy 48
memorex 512 (still have it in the loft)
atari 800 (oh and how I played joust)
atari st
amiga
atari st (cant remeber why I was stupid enough to get another)
Apple Mac XL
PC's and I cana rember how many of these Ive had must be
about 9 or 10 though I run three now...

And then there is the console side

Atari was it the 1200?
sega master
megadrive
saturn
ps1 (I gave in)
dreamcast (underated machinein my view)
ps2

though Ive always prefered a pc type machine over consoles.

Great thing is of course you can emulate nearly all of them - my fav at the mo is the dreamcast megadrive emulation, oh and of course MAME.

·
Registered
961 Posts
storm

have you got any of the consols left

iam trying to collect them

ive got
nes
saturn
atari st 520
spectrum +3
sega game gear
so i am a few down !

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No but you have reminded me I have a game gear and a neo geo pocket :)

All I have these days is the three PC's a PPC, dreamcast, ps1 & 2, the 512, pocket neogeo and the game gear, though its like senna said I really dont play them enough now - why play gt3 I have it(ish) outside :)

Most of them go cheaply on Ebay, I was going to collect some old ones but for me the emulators do enough.

Unless of course someone has the yamaha msx? I always wanted one of them coz of the inbuilt synth.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
GU51 8OY, just thought id mention that I have a few old skool things... :)

Sega Saturn, Grey - Japan spec,
Sega Saturn, White - HK spec :) - v rare
White - PC engine
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Atari 520 STe
BBC model B

I also used to have a PC Engine Turbo Graphix but stupidly sold that about 4 years ago...

and thems not forsale... :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt

Your fault you reminded me of the saturn and got me thinking about sega rally - gone and purchased one now!!!

All for the price for a full tank :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
atari lynx

still got my atari lynx around somewhere, great little handheld, rygar still one of the finest arcade games/ conversions and in the process of a remake for the ps2. Not going all 3d either should be 2d still and hopefully just as playable as the origional.

anyone got any other games for the lynx i've got a few but wounldn't mind a few more.

·
Registered
466 Posts
He he he

I feel sorry for u lot with just 48k to play with, I was one of the big wigs with a 128K !!!!

YOU KNOW IT HAD THE DECK BUILT IN AS WELL - come on 64 boys!!

I remember sitting there with my 3D super woofer (twin tape deck) doing the disk to disk thing :)

Didn't need to take drugs in those days - watching the screen used to do it for me.

666 SKY

ps. I was told the over day that the zx81 is now worth a few quid, time to get into the loft - i also have hundreds of 2-8 year old games, a few rumble joysticks and loads of games and cd's (the ones with 100's on each one ) all for the PC anyone want to make an offer??

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when the 48k was out in rubber the 128 didnt exist Id moved onto the atari 800xl by then :)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
These are my consoles.

NES
SNES
GAMEBOY
GAMEGEAR
Mega Drive ll
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
And last of all the PC:)

-Elliot

·
Registered
961 Posts
my freind bought the jap sega satyrn
grey / blue buttons yeh

i want the playstation thats whight programeable one !

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Takes big breath...

Consoles...
Atari 2600 (Cool slinky black one)
NES
Master System
Megadrive
SNES
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Playstation 2
XBOX
Gamecube

Handheld...
Gameboy
Gamegear
PCEngine GT
Atari Lynx
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advanced

Computers...
ZX81
48K Speccy
128K +2 Speccy
486SX25
486DX266
PR-120
PR-200
AMD K6 233
AMD K6-2 300
AMD K6-2 500
PIII [email protected]
1.4Ghz Athlon
And my current PC Setup (Which is TOP Secret... And i do not want too much Drool on the boards...:D)

As you can see i have spent ALOT of cash on systems over the last few years...

666 SKY... ZX81's and 80's only fetch loads of cash if they are all original in box with all manuals in mint condition... (They sell for thousands to the japanese)

BTW Does anyone want to buy a XBOX? 2 Official Pads, Halo and Oddworld, 2 months old, fully boxed etc... £250

·
Registered
466 Posts
don't forget!!

Hey dont forget the BBC micro that you nicked from school with that tea making game :)

d
666 SKY

1 - 20 of 29 Posts