GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my R33 GTR V-Spec before Christmas and am very happy with it. It's completely standard and to be honest it's quick enough as it is so wasn't looking to mod it. I'm not really after a noisy exhaust / induction kit combo and I don't fancy loads of aftermarket boost controllers and gauges sticking out of my dashboard. I got that out of my system with the Pulsar I owned before this. I've heard though that the engine can be tweaked to help it reach it's full potential with the standard bits (350 - 370 BHP are figures I've heard passed about). Been in touch with Ian at Hiteq and he suggested an Apexi Power FC but he quoted me close to a grand with fitting and mapping which is hard to justify with the relatively small power gains I'd be looking at. Just wondering if any one else has been in the same boat and has any suggestions.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
As far as i believe you have to change "standard bits" to get to around 370bhp. I cant see how you could get this figure from just a remap.
Its the exhaust which is strangling your power. There are some that aren`t to loud. You dont have to have an induction kit either, you could opt for a different filter element.
I`ve had both HKS and now Apexi induction kits an the Apexi is alot quieter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mate try wraith in chesterfield tel 01246 251171 just done my r33 with power fc £700 all in runs spot on.

·
Registered
720 Posts
id advise -get the power fc.

what is rarely told is the smoothness the power fc makes, not only the power gains. if you dont plan to mod your car much - make sure a power fc is at least in your plans- in my opinion - its 'that' good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts