GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at this and have been wanting to do it for a while but haven't known for sure if I could make it or not and so didn't want to commit. As it turns out I can do the Saturday - would it be possible to get the R35 on the stand for just one day?

Josh

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
For those that have been before and camped, can you park your car next to your pitch?
Someone will answer this shortly I'm sure ...

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at this and have been wanting to do it for a while but haven't known for sure if I could make it or not and so didn't want to commit. As it turns out I can do the Saturday - would it be possible to get the R35 on the stand for just one day?

Josh
Send a PM to ROSS as stated a few posts back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Karls,
Yes you can park right next to your pitch but you have to book camping in advance through the CPOP website.
You cannot buy it on the day!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Josh,
Yes you can!
Read your PM or call me or both on 07714896440.
You have to act NOW!

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
For those that have been before and camped, can you park your car next to your pitch?
Yup.... I normally head to the trees/water spot at the boundary of the first camping field (Walkers Camp, Gate 1 entrance) on the right (on the other side of the water are the caravans and campervans with power hook ups); you know if you've gone too far, as the trees end and you go across a small single lane bridge and the next field starts going uphill), pitch up then take the car to the stand. If you're not on the stand, you can park your car next to your tent for as long as you stay. :cool:

CPOP Map

N.B. You also get a map in the Programme

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Cheers Ross. Final question...are you allowed a small bbq on your pitch?
Below is a list of 2013's Camping T&C's, rule # 12 for BBQs... can't spot a link to any T&Cs on the 2014 CPOP website; N.B. For Saturday night we're supposed to buy a £20 pitch ticket. Otherwise, if you arrive on Friday, it's free:

1. This is a family orientated campsite and the management reserves the right to remove any person or property who in its opinion is not suitable to use the Park, or whose behaviour is considered by the management to be detrimental to the interests of other guests.
2. No commercial vehicles allowed on site.
3. Tent size is charged per pitch not per person
4. Gazebo max size 2.5m in any direction with no sides. Individual permission is required and may be withdrawn at any time.
5. Children must be accompanied by an adult when using the toilet and shower facilities and must not be allowed to play in these areas.
6. Strictly no late noise after 11pm, no loud T.V., radio etc.
7. No motorized scooters to be used in the site.
8. Cholmondeley Pageant of Power and its management will not be held responsible in any way, directly or indirectly for the possessions of customers and guests staying or visiting the site.
9. All bookings are subject to Cholmondeley Pageant of Power site rules. Payment of a pitch fee payment constitutes acceptance of these rules.
10. Electric leads must be unravelled to comply with fire regulations.
11. Max speed limit on the site is 5mph. Drive slowly for your safety and others, particularly children.
12. Barbecues are permitted but must be kept off the ground. No camp fires or open fires of any kind. No releasing of Chinese lanterns.Due to carbon monoxide risk, strictly no barbeques etc are permitted in tents or enclosed areas.
13. Staff are there for your own safety, adhere to their rules at all times.
14. No animals can be admitted anywhere on site. This includes the event, campsite & carparks.
15. Exiting arrangements for all those staying in the campsite.
Following briefings with the event traffic management consultants and the police, exiting from the campsite will not be possible during peak arrival times. Therefore anyone wishing to depart on Saturday or Sunday mornings will be required to leave before 07.45 or after 12.00hrs.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yup.... I normally head to the trees/water spot at the boundary of the first camping field (Walkers Camp, Gate 1 entrance) on the right (on the other side of the water are the caravans and campervans with power hook ups); you know if you've gone too far, as the trees end and you go across a small single lane bridge and the next field starts going uphill), pitch up then take the car to the stand. If you're not on the stand, you can park your car next to your tent for as long as you stay. :cool:

CPOP Map

N.B. You also get a map in the Programme
Thanks for all your helpful comments, much appreciated. I'm arriving Sat morning. My car is going to be on the stand and Ross said to head for Gate 3. I'm 2 1/2 hours away so it was always going to be an early start to get to that gate before it closes at 08:00. Now I'm camping, do I need to get there earlier to claim a pitch? I assumed I would head to the campsite and claim a pitch Sat evening but I'm new to this event.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Thanks for all your helpful comments, much appreciated. I'm arriving Sat morning. My car is going to be on the stand and Ross said to head for Gate 3. I'm 2 1/2 hours away so it was always going to be an early start to get to that gate before it closes at 08:00. Now I'm camping, do I need to get there earlier to claim a pitch? I assumed I would head to the campsite and claim a pitch Sat evening but I'm new to this event.
There's usually plenty of room so I reckon your strategy to go straight to the club stand then pitch up on Sat evening will work; dunno if you can do traffic movements from the stand until after 6pm. But you might be able to slip back to the site at midday to pitch up.

Otherwise you'll need to be fairly swift in the evening; to get to the concert in good time but we'll be there to help. See you on the stand!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There's usually plenty of room so I reckon your strategy to go straight to the club stand then pitch up on Sat evening will work; dunno if you can do traffic movements from the stand until after 6pm. But you might be able to slip back to the site at midday to pitch up.

Otherwise you'll need to be fairly swift in the evening; to get to the concert in good time but we'll be there to help. See you on the stand!
Thanks again, looking forward to this :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will pop down on the Sunday.. Can you pay on the gate as you arrive as very unclear.. I would like to have my car on the gtroc plot if poss?
Please advice

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I will pop down on the Sunday.. Can you pay on the gate as you arrive as very unclear.. I would like to have my car on the gtroc plot if poss?
Please advice
Shaun PM either Ross or Cris (SpeedMerchant) or myself with your email and we can send the Gate 3 pass which lets you go to the B21 club stand... the important thing to note is that our stand is track side and the track is open at 8am for walking and 8:30am for racing! So, aim to arrive no later than 7:30; bearing in mind you'll need to pay for a day ticket (£35 Adult, £10 child), Cholmondeley Pageant of Power Event, Cheshire, June 2014 | CPOP

Gate 3 takes you into the estate on a side entrance and then detour sharp right through a wooded section across the closed track and then into a field towards the club stand, iirc!

N.B. Again IIRC, there has been a ticket kiosk after Gate 3 at the event boundary in the grounds (a good few hundred metres past the entrance after traversing the field) the past couple of years; so you should be able to pay there; we'll be there on Fri/Sat so check out this thread for confirmation or call Ross directly on his mob. left on this thread.

Chances are, if there is no ticket kiosk on Gate 3 (i.e. just checking, not selling) this year you'll be forced to park up at the main car park in the morning (about a 800m queue from the Gate 1 entrance on a single track road (say 20mins) to the day visitors car park and then a 400m walk to the first ticket kiosk. (10mins). Then if you're keen as mustard, you can bring your mota onto the stand at midday. You can just borrow one of our passes from our cars on the stand to get on!

Good Luck :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Lovely to meet everyone today! Thanks Ross for organising and Barry for mentioning it to me :thumbsup: We all had a great day!

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Thread now closing, photos etc. to post event chat ...

Hope your having a great time people & the weather is being kind!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.