GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the actual hell?

Why is someone as inexperienced as him given a drive for Nissan?

Wasn't Mark Biggers kicking his arse just this weekend gone?

It really baffles/annoys me that there are 1,000's of faster people out there but a cycling Olympic champion with hardly any track experience can get given this opportunity.

I guess the pull of the celeb wins yet again.

Maybe this needs to be moved to the rant section mods?

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
What the actual hell?

Why is someone as inexperienced as him given a drive for Nissan?

Wasn't Mark Biggers kicking his arse just this weekend gone?

It really baffles/annoys me that there are 1,000's of faster people out there but a cycling Olympic champion with hardly any track experience can get given this opportunity.

I guess the pull of the celeb wins yet again.

Maybe this needs to be moved to the rant section mods?
Chris actually a pretty decent driver. I have watched his in car footage in the Radical and he is doing very well.

Mark and Chris are in different classes from what I saw on the TSL timing sheets for the weekend. His name is no doubt a big draw for Nissan, look how the guy from the Irish boy band did racing for many seasons on a National level, his name too helped.

Lets not forget Chanoch Nissany the Israeli businessman who did a run during the 2005 Hungarian GP practice 1 and 2. He was 6.8 seconds off the pace of forum member? Nicholas Kiesa and 12.9 seconds off Wurz in the McLaren.

In motorsport money and lots of it talk. When I was 19 I went for a week long intensive race course with at Silverstone, got my race licence did a few races after putting all my savings into it inc uni loan and never found sponsorship to race there after.. until 6 years ago by which time I was 31 and it was all for fun. Life was cruel and unfair, I was angry and sad, not like kicking a ball around and getting chosen to play for a top team.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I would like to see Marks comments on this. It looks likes Chris is a very good driver but then again so is Mark!
Personally I think Chris is a celeb who can drive rather than a celeb that has been given a drive. He is working with Nissan which I guess is the reason for the drive.
Hoy is a Nissan ambassador, as part of the group's sponsorship of the British Olympic Association and British Paralympic Association, and is aware he is in a position that is the envy of many

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.