GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I joined here when i was alot younger,and the idea of owning an R34 was all but a dream. NikWilson took me to my High School Prom in his R34 GTR and the goal of having one was set.

Fast forward a few years (13 years :eek:) and time was drawing in closer for when i break my current project,a Supercharged MX5 ready to fund an R34 GTT. I found an extremely tidy example for sale,went to view it and came home with it.

Nissan Skyline R34 GTT Series 2
RB25DET NEO 6
Manual Transmission

Imported in 2016 by IBE Cars in Huddersfield
Resprayed in original Pearl White in 2017

Stock except custom de-cat exhaust and HKS air filter

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H&S Performance in Norwich have always taken care of my cars so the Skyline was no exception.

Oil Change
Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Japspeed Radiator
Thermostat
Drive Belts
Cambelt & Tensioners
Waterpump
Coolant change
Gearbox Oil change
Diff Oil change
Brake Fluid change

Meister R Zeta CRD Coilovers
Shorter front drop links
Wheel arches and suspension turrets undersealed

A-Tech 17" wheels back from powder coaters (done by SW Wheels) tyres swapped over and fitted along with new wheel nuts

Full alignment

Car drives completely different now and looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why buy aftermarket clear side repeaters when you can just remove the orange lense yourself for free!

With the purchase of the Blitz FMIC it was time to find an Altia bumper,this seemed abit more tricky than i first though. Luckily i found one only a couple of hours away, and it was en route on my holiday to Cornwall last week!

While down in Cornwall we took a trip over to Devon and visited the guys and girls at Torque GT. They had the HKS SSQV Blow off Valve on offer, so would have been rude not to grab one while i was there.

With the car now serviced and the cambelt changed, i wanted to record the date like they do over in Japan. So i contacted Rajikaru who supply period correct japanese stickers, and they kindly replicated the sticker for me and have now added it to their store! I also purchased some other stickers to go with it.

We also got both cars out for a drive Sunday evening

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine cover got prepped and painted in silver. I was originally going to do it red, but thought it might have been too much, so kept with silver to keep it more factory looking. The text was painted red and i started to draw a black border with a sharpie but it decided to dry up, so that needs finishing at some point

The stock strut brace got a lick of paint too

I also gave the larger areas of the engine bay a quick de-grease along with the fitting of some red dress up bolts

We also gave the calipers a lick of paint, you may have noticed a colour scheme going on...

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
That's really cool! :) I was going to buy an R34 GTT from Torque GT before I got my first R33 GTR, that was in white too and had an East Bear body kit. It was awesome! Still fancy one now actually!

What's different with the Altia bumper? Is it more GTR-like? That's the only thing j don't like about the 34 GTT, standard it looks a bit, thin, if that makes sense? Like a GTR that has been starved and lost all its muscles. :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's really cool! :) I was going to buy an R34 GTT from Torque GT before I got my first R33 GTR, that was in white too and had an East Bear body kit. It was awesome! Still fancy one now actually!

What's different with the Altia bumper? Is it more GTR-like? That's the only thing j don't like about the 34 GTT, standard it looks a bit, thin, if that makes sense? Like a GTR that has been starved and lost all its muscles. :chuckle:
Funnily enough I did send Torque GT a deposit to start looking at importing one, but i found this one in the mean time. Extremely helpful with the search and I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

The Altia bumper was an optional aero kit, its more sporty looking compared to the stock series 1 bumper. I'll show you some examples

Stock Series 1

Series 2

Altia

Alot of people mistake the Altia to be a Nismo bumper. A Nismo bumper looks like this

East Bear do a GTR style bumper

The main reason i'm changing the bumper is for the front mount intercooler. The original Series 2 bumper blocks quite abit of flow to the centre (as pictured below) I wasn't keen on the bumper to begin with but I like it now, which is ironic as i'm now having the change it lol

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Love that Altia bumper! Never seen one before but I've heard about them / people looking for one. Definitely an improvement over the S1 & S2! :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want a gtr rep bumper I have one I***8217;m selling, I***8217;m in Norfolk to. It***8217;s already been cut so it will Work with a GTT bonnet.

Iv has a change of plan and going to run a z-tune front bumper.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you want a gtr rep bumper I have one I’m selling, I’m in Norfolk to. It’s already been cut so it will Work with a GTT bonnet.

Iv has a change of plan and going to run a z-tune front bumper.
Thanks for the offer but i'll have to pass. I love the GTR front end, but my days of having fibreglass front bumpers are over lol

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My second package from Japan had arrived, my replacement OEM steering wheel. This is fantastic condition compared to the one fitted to the car. The only problem was (and i didnt notice until i took the photos) was its actually from an Auto car, i didn't originally see the buttons in the advert on Yahoo Auctions,oops!

Before

After (before fitting)

Replaced the dash cluster bulbs to LED, photos don't do them justice. Just need to get a front interior light bulb to complete the interior

It was my birthday last Wednesday, my fiance very kindly purchased some LED tail lights and also purchased a personalised number plate along with my parents (i knew about the plates as i found it lol)

Last Sunday i organised a photoshoot with some friends who have japanese cars, here are some of the solo photos i got of the GTT

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not much has been happening and i didn't want to just post single photos.

Finally got the Altia bumper painted and fitted, along with some clear indicator units and chrome bulbs. Its transformed the front end and looks alot better! I'm glad i decided to colour code the centre bar and not left it black.

The factory ceramic turbo doesn't like a bar of boost, most say around 11-12psi max is safe. After some research i decided to go for a Greddy Profec OLED boost controller to up the current boost a tad. Also hoping it'll come into boost smoother as its a little bit 'choppy'.

I didn't like the mount that's supplied so decided to make something. I started off with making a blank for the ash tray

I wanted a flush look and have it removable if there was ever a problem or i didn't like it. We recently had some new magnetic phone holders come in at work so I decided to use one for the mount. I cut the ball & socket mounting off and was left with just the magnetic pad.

And stuck the other half of the magnet on the back of the controller

With the hole drilled for the wiring it was ready to be 'test fitted'. I originally fitted a wiring grommet but I didn't take into consideration that it protruded above the surface, so scrapped that idea

To make it secure onto the trim i used two small screws in the top corners. Double sided tape would have made it look cleaner, but I didn't want it coming off while i'm driving.

With it refitted it doesn't look too out of place in the cabin, quite pleased with the result! I've also fitted and wired up the AEM gauges from the MX5. I just need to fit the oil sandwich plate and sensor along with getting a boss welded into the exhaust for the AFR gauge.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts