GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must say that before I write this post, it is with a very heart since I feel this is a course of last resort before I take legal/recovery action against a member of this forum.

I put this post up in the hope that Christian will see sence and return to me what is mine and not his. It also serves as a warning to others not to lend/help this member items, since he cannot be trusted to return such items.

I lent him on of my full R34 OEM exhast systems (and near new CAT) so that he could get his car through the Jersey MOT in December 2005. I said I would lend hin the exhaust etc. so that he could get the car passed. He then became very insistant that I sent it in the next 2-3 days, so at my expense (which he did refund me) - i sent the 4 parts to him by next day Amtrack.

There was no other "rent" cost for the exhaust and I did all the packaging up etc just to help another member of the forum. I did not want any payment, but did ask that the exhaust system be returned to me asap after finishing with it in the same condition.

It is now September - 10 months later. He refuses to send the exhaust back to me. He makes excuses that he will send it, it is in his garage, he does not have my address ready to send back; but to date - no exhaust and CAT back to me.

I ask and invite Christian to make his comments here and explain himself, since he has yet to give one single good explanation for the delay by PM.

I am really disapointed by this member of our forum and his lack of "respect" to another member who at the end of the day only tried their best to help him out of a situation to get his R34 on the road.

I am sorry to anyone who thinks going public on a forum is wrong in this case, but my next action against this club member will end up legal.

ChristianR - PLEASE send me back my exhaust system and CAT as I lent it to you. This is just plain wrong and you know it.

Nik W

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Hat's off to you Nik. I think others would have skipped the 'friendly' warning and gone straight for the legal eagles. Now to be fair I dont know anything about this situation other than what you've posted above. It does leave a bad taste in my mouth that a fellow owner and user of the forum could be such a a/hole. I think you have been extremely patient....Dont think I could have waited this long. I dont think ANY kind of excuse could explain a 10 month wait!!:eek: :eek:
Hope you get this resolved without having to resort to more severe measures but tbh I think this far down the line he obviously doesnt give a F***. You've also got to ask yourself that after 10 months the exhaust aint gonna be in the condition you gave it to him in whether its been on the car or lying around.

Good luck Nik, keep us posted on this

TT

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a feeling that he does not want to return the exhaust since he may need to refit the OEM one for the Jersey MOT each year?

I also offered him to pay £75.00 for the exhaust (not including the CAT) and keep it as I have 2 complete systems. As some of you may know, a year ago I did post on the forum and said that the exhausts could be borrowed by a forum member and returned at their expense. I will seriously have to think twice before doing this again.

But now, I just want it back regardless, and I will only give it one more week. In the last PM to me, Christian said it was packed up ready to ship back - this was 3 weeks ago!

Nik

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Just FYI, I lent Christian my rear fog lamp (as i have a N1 clear item).

I reckon i sent it around the same time you sent the exhaust Nik, and for the same reason to get it past the Jersey MOT.

I had to wait aswell, and ask him a couple of times, but i did eventually get it back.

I know of another member on here who has been trying to contact him (not for lending bits), and he has also had no replies.

I like you, Nik, like to help out fellow members especially on here. But it sucks when things like this happen.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nikwilson i think what you did to help him not alot of people would do so for him to take the **** and abuse your the fact you went out of your way to help another member of this forum is disgracefull.

I think we should await his reply as is only fair to hear both sides of the story before jumping the gun however it is sad to hear peoples lack of respect towards other community members. Very sad.....

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
he has been on holiday for a few weeks, but that doesnt excuse 10 months.

he is normally a trustworthy guy, and I have had many dealings with him, including him doing me similar favours to the one you did for him.

I can only say in hise defence that this is unlike him and I would guess it was due to laziness/forgetfulness and not malice on his part.

I make no apologies for him, but will say that you should not feel conned, only neglected. :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

he is normally a trustworthy guy, and I have had many dealings with him, including him doing me similar favours to the one you did for him.

I can only say in hise defence that this is unlike him and I would guess it was due to laziness/forgetfulness and not malice on his part.

I make no apologies for him, but will say that you should not feel conned, only neglected. :(
Conned is not a word I would use. If it were that, then I would have taken some kind of action by now. Posting this was a last resort - in way of ongoing frustration from myself.

It was a real urgancy for Christian to get the exhaust from me and he called me several times to ensure it was sent to him in 2-3 days from his original enquiry. I took a morning off work to pack the thing up and take it to the Amtrack depot.

Trustworthy or not, 10 months is too long, and I am not making any accusations against him in any way re his character. I wanted to highlight this situation as it is simply not good enough. Let others on this forum decide if they want to lend him anything again in the future - for me the answer would be no.

Nik

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I think that is fair enough. Unfortunate that he has abused your trust. I am a firm believer in going out of my way to help people, even strangers. Sounds like you have done the same but your kindness and decency has simply been trampled on.

Don't let it change the way you deal with others in the future.

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
I dunno if it helps, i had a very similar situation with Dave_R1001, lending him bits and not getting em back

but in his defence he's had a few health issues and wasn't online during the period i was trying to chase him

I hope there is an equally innocent explanation

mook

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There were enough PM's sent on this site and on the Skyline owners site warning him to send the system and CAT back to me or it would go on the forum. He did recieve this PM and still did not send the thing back.

He was warned and so here we are.

I have no issues with lending stuff out even to those I do not really know through this forum. I think as a club and forum, then this sort of thing should be second nature. It helps us all and I have been helped in the past with a few items, so it seems that we should "pass it on".

Believe the best in others until the 1st time they let you down.

Nik

·
Registered
276 Posts

Adam, you received the benefit because of the person doing the work on your car, Tweenierob, and as a consequence it was easy for parts to be swapped/loaned/replaced.

This, as i interpret it, is somewhat different, and to be honest, doesnt surprise me with Christian (who i have conversed with through the Subaru boards) as i have heard of similar scenarios to this, and a list of excuses as long as your arm being deployed when transactions take place with Christian.

I was asked earlier this year if i could help Alan Bell out to get the up and down pipe from Christians Subaru, which Alan had paid for, and was constantly being fobbed off, largely by Christian blaming poor old Rob, or posted yesterday, etc, etc. It took one phone call from me to Rob, and 2 days later the items were in Alans posession (Rob didnt know Christian had sold them!)

Nik, not wishing to drag Tweenierob into this, but i would suggest you try communicate with him, as he may know where the items are, as he has done a lot of the work on Christians car for him, or so i believe.

Steven

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.