• Other

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
So that's it then?

Lunch at The Grasshopper, then a quick blast around the M25, up the M1, into a Travel Lodge and get blasted?:(

Surely there has to be some better alternatives?

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Double header.

Making a day of it...........Why not.:D :D

It does seem that we are spilt here.

When I was surgesting up north, I only mean't Bedfordshire way,
Just a couple of miles up the M1.

For the over nighters here Travel Inn's web page for Uk sites:

www.travelinn.co.uk/find/find.html

Any venue surgestions?:confused:

Is this Ok with Londoners even, if you don't was to stop over?:confused:

If not its two doo's.:D :D ;)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I'm sure we can do better than a travel lodge.

I guess the next big question is ......

1) Noisy (as per us young bucks) :D
or
2) Quiet (a-la PeterE & Glen) :D :D

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only surgested a Travel Lodge as:

a/ its cheap
b/ they have lots of rooms
c/ they have bars and restraunts
d/ clean rooms
e/ lots up and down the counrty.

But its up to you's.:D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Oy John, I'm up for 'noisy'!

I may be knocking on a weeny bit but there's life in the old dog yet....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Peter Will leve his Deff aids at home and you can make all the Nose you Want :D :D :D ( I sure you don't need them Peter any how:) )

SO does it matter were we go, as long as every one is there we will have a real good time.

But I guess it needs to have good Parking if we were going to be bring lots of Posh metel?

How about every one that want to go gives the nerest Large town to were they live and then we could plot a point some were in the Middle and then find a venue that suits?

OR does any one have a big house with lots of Bed rooms and Safe Parking?

I wonder :D 24 hour Tesco All the beer you can drink lots of Parking, Insurance & Petrol (only if you bring your own Octain boost) and good food :D :D there your Problem solved

So which one is it going to be :D :D

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Bruce... "can I make all the Nose I want" ??? ;)

Im in agreement with you Bruce, as long as there is good security with parking then "WE" (John and I) are happy to party ALL night long anywhere.

PeterE.... Have you met John??? Believe me he's pushing on a bit...!!!! :D You come along dear and make as much noise as you can! :)

Lots of love
Claire

PS Shall I bring the mistletoe??
;) :p ;)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Meet

I'd be up for a pre-christmas meet.

However not up north and not overnight, (have 2 and a half children) , not a good idea for me , me thinks !

See you at Grasshoppers ( hopefully) :D ....

Paul....................

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Suggestion

Okay, we can't seem to agree M1/M25 or Grashooper. The half way house would be somewhere just off the M4. Anyone from the North or W.Mids can come down the M1/M40, Londoners it is easy and anyone else can shoot round the M25.

As for Travel Lodges. I don't have a problem with them. As far as I can see the less I spend on accomodation the more I spend on beer:D

The only problems we need to address are food & fun (Travel Lodges not noted for this - unless we go "Happy Eater":)

Travel Lodges don't have a mini-bar!:mad: :(
Which reminds me - Wonder if Glen's had a mini-bar fitted to his R34 yet?

I don't like the idea of all that metal in the car park while we're out having fun. Anyone, from 'Joe Rep', to the entire Fulchester Utd Supporters Club could wander past.

Suggestion
Instead of an 11am start. Why not 2pm for lunch and then walk around the car park. Those who want to leave can whilst the rest of us get suited and booted before the bun-fight proper:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have to stick sorry!

I believe it or not have 4 (Yes Four) kids !! im as shocked as u all are. So the day time meet is really my bag as the Mrs will not arrange a baby sitter just so I can talk BHP and get mangled with my car muckers.

Thus I will have to stick to the 11.00/12.00 meet, carvery and car park chat. There is no reason why we can't have both a day and an evening meet but on different days I would suggest.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Extra option

I've added in another option ... get smashed in London :D

Then people can get there (we seem to surround the place N, E, S W) and get home reasonably easily .. I don't fancy trying to get from the Grasshopper to home of an evening

Cheers

·
Registered
547 Posts
change vote

What would you like to vote for?

I can see what you originally voted for and can change the totals

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Mistletoe....

Claire,

Sounds good to me! No, I haven't met John yet, he keeps bottling out of track days. ;) So he's not the 'young buck' he purports to be then. As they say (the old guys that is), there's no substitute for experience!

See you both soon I hope.

Peter.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Experience

Absolutley PeterE nothing beats experience....and by god he's been around the block a few times!;)

Only joking honey pie ;) :) ;) :)

See you all soon
Claire

·
Registered
547 Posts
Votes have been changed

Anyone else want to jump camp :) or vote for that matter as only 22 people have shown a preference.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts