GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Christmas Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Trackday on 16th December 2018 in association with Litchfield's​

Again after the incredibly popular events at Silverstone over the past few years, I have secured 30 places at the Official Silverstone GP Trackday using the full Silverstone Grand Prix facilities including free Formula One pit garages in the world famous Wing Complex. This is open to GTRDC members and non-members alike at special prices. Non-Nissans are welcome

We have 30 places reserved so please get your names down now as we will have to give up unconfirmed places a week before the event
We have negotiated a very special price of £265.00 per car for GT-RDC members and £275.00 for non-members. Membership of the GT-R Drivers Club is only £10.00 so it is really a no-brainer! Normal price is £285.00 with no extras. We get food vouchers, subsidised passengers, extra drivers at a special price (if I know in advance) and free Formula One garages. Incredible value so book now at https://gtrdc.co.uk/collections/events

We are proud to announce that we will have guests from Nissan Japan and Nissan GB at both the social and the Track Day.

It has as usual a 102db drive by and 105db static noise restriction. The static is never a problem, but occasionally when it has been dry with a strong South Westerly wind some cars fail the drive by test on the pit lane straights. Please try and keep the levels down or arrange through your tuner a system that can reduce the noise. So far I have always talked them round and suggested a short shift where the microphones are.

Please do not book directly through Silverstone as I have already reserved 30 places at this discounted prices for all participants. As I said previously, this includes food vouchers and the 8 free pit garages. This is open for all GT-R Register users, GTRDC members, GTROC members, Skyline Owners Club, Battalion30five and anyone else that wants to come and meet us all. It is also not just for Nissan's as many will have other cars that they wish to bring.

This will be on the GT-R Drivers website shop, and please get your names down on this forum as soon as possible as this annual event is always very popular.
Book as soon as it is in the shop - don't delay as on previous occasions a few were disappointed as they left it too late

Our resident GT-R Drivers Club instructor Jake Hill (BTCC driver)will be in attendance for this event

Please add your names to the list below for attending the trackday (doesn't have to be in a Nissan/ Datsun) -

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield

Accommodation suggestion - Green Man Premier Inn Silverstone

This is the best value and closest hotel to the circuit. This time we are not eating at the adjacent Chef and Brewer as this is a Special Xmas social.
I have just booked and as of today the rate is £48.00 for a double or twin bedded room Silverstone Hotels | Book Cheap Hotels Near Silverstone | Premier Inn

Christmas Social at TBA

I do need to know who will be joining us the evening before on the 15th December as we will be having a special 'Christmas Social' the evening before at a venue near Towcester at 7.30pm for 8pm eating.
Menu choices will to be confirmed by the 10th December. I will be provisionally reserving 35 places but if the numbers do not materialise quickly, I will have to reduce this number as I will be depositing money in the first week of December. (I don't like losing money!)

This social will be a Christmas themed event and I propose to keep the menus below £30.00 a head for a good splash!

PLEASE ADD YOUR NAMES BELOW FOR THIS SOCIAL ON 15TH DECEMBER

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner

Jake Hill Instruction

Jake Hill's fees will be as follows and are still way cheaper than Silverstone's instruction:
30 minutes instruction in your own car £50
60 minutes instruction in your own car £90
Please pay Jake Hill on the day please

Jake Hill Instruction bookings (provisional times as a guideline)
09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

Please add your names accordingly for the tuition

Joining Instructions and Information

Below are the Silverstone joining instructions and the various links to the event that you need to read in advance.
We get food vouchers and have 8 pit garages reserved for us.
Please remember to bring both copies of your driving licence, although really we only need the plastic part.

Please get your names down ASAP for the Social on the Saturday evening 15th December at TBA

The Silverstone Track Day, on Sunday 16th December 2018, will be taking place on the Grand Prix Circuit, running from the Wing, the Formula 1 Pit and Paddock Complex.

Below is important information for your day. If you have booked this for another driver, please forward this information on:
Tuition can be booked in advance with an ARDS Licensed Instructor in your own car. For £45, you will benefit from 20 minutes of valuable guidance. Booking prior to your arrival is recommended to guarantee a place as tuition slots go quickly. (* restrictions apply regarding vehicles) - Note that Jake Hill is more reasonable and has had vast experience with the R33/34/35
Signing on will take place in Media Suite 1 & 2, accessed via Entrance 3 from 7.00 am
If you have never participated in a Track Day on any circuit, please let Silverstone Circuits or myself know ASAP.

Please be advised that the above only applies to someone who has never attended a track day at any circuit. The Novice Driver will only spend two or three laps with an instructor to be assessed for circuit awareness. It is just a familiarisation session.

Access to the Circuit and Paddock will be from 7.00 am on Sunday 16th December 2018
There will only be 2 briefings. We strongly suggest that you sign on when you arrive to avoid any delays and long queues. We do want to be all at the 8.20am briefing
Passengers must be 16 years of age, or over. If the passenger is just 16, please bring some form of identification to confirm their age. We do insist on all passengers attend the safety briefing

Should you miss both briefings, there may be further briefings later in the day. However, this will greatly delay your time on circuit.
The Media Café will be open and available for our Track Day customers and guests

Drivers must bring the plastic current road driving licenses (and/or the equivalent from a country outside the UK)

The fuel station will be open from 8.30 am and based in the National Pit and Paddock - very expensive and only 97 octane

I suggest you fill up before you arrive and from the South there is a Tesco Superstore with Momentum99 just off the A43 at Brackley or a Shell 99 if coming from the North at the A5 roundabout where Silverstone Porsche is on the left.

The timetable is attached for this event, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me (John Miskin) on 01296 439888 or mobile 07809 387788 or Silverstone on 01327 320298 or 07980 732895.

Sunday 16th December - Full Grand Prix Circuit
Open Pit Lane
Subject to daylight hours, stoppages and weather conditions
7.00 am Registration and sign-on Silverstone Wing
8.35 am Sign on closes
8.20 am Safety briefing Session 1 Silverstone Wing
8.45 am Safety briefing Session 2 Silverstone Wing
TBC Safety briefing Session 3 Silverstone Wing
9.00 am *Sighting laps commence
9:45 am Grand Prix Circuit opens (or earlier)
No track closure for lunch therefore an extra hour available on track!
4.00 pm Track closes or when it gets too dark
*Sighting laps and the Timetable may change subject to daylight hours and weather conditions.

Information and reminders
01. Access to the Paddock will be from 7.00 am on the track day date. If you arrive prior to this time, please park in the car park indicated on the approach to the main entrance.
02. All drivers must sign on at the Silverstone Wing, in the Media Suite via Entrance 3 between 7.00am and 8.35am. Sign on times need to be strictly adhered to. Signing on area to be confirmed.
03. Please bring both parts of your driving licence, you must have a full UK driving licence and/or equivalent from a country outside the UK.
04. Drivers MUST be over the age of 17 and hold a full and valid UK driving licence or be over the age of 14 and hold a current Sax Max, Junior Ginetta, Junior Fiesta or T Car licence. Those junior drivers MUST have a grade A ARDS licensed Instructor with them at ALL times.
05. Noise limit on Grand Prix Circuit is 102dB on a drive by, 105dB static.
06. We will have 8 garages for the GTROC, normally 6,7,8,9,10,11 and 12
07. Please ensure you have read the following before attending: Terms and Driver Information.
08. Tuition after the briefing can be purchased at Garage 15 of the Wing
09. Drivers arriving late for signing on, may risk a delay in being allowed on circuit.

Enjoy your day!
All the best
John Miskin and Iain Litchfield
07809 387788
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
John,
It is my works Xmas party the night before, I might arrive for the PM to see everyone, but I don't think i will be on track...
Sod's law...
Will let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will shortly be setting up a Trackday email list for all that have participated in the past and allowed their email to be used for this purpose.

All emails sent will be Blind Copied (Bcc'd) so that no one can see each others email addresses.

Should you wish to be removed from the list, please respond back to me with REMOVE and you will not receive any more.

If anyone has a major objection to this, please PM me as I will be working on the list from my contacts over the weekend.

These emails will not be sent out until after18th November.

John Miskin

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Christmas Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit Trackday on 16th December 2018 in association with Litchfield's​

Again after the incredibly popular events at Silverstone over the past few years, I have secured 30 places at the Official Silverstone GP Trackday using the full Silverstone Grand Prix facilities including free Formula One pit garages in the world famous Wing Complex. This is open to GTRDC members and non-members alike at special prices. Non-Nissans are welcome

We have 30 places reserved so please get your names down now as we will have to give up unconfirmed places a week before the event
We have negotiated a very special price of £265.00 per car for GT-RDC members and £275.00 for non-members. Membership of the GT-R Drivers Club is only £10.00 so it is really a no-brainer! Normal price is £285.00 with no extras. We get food vouchers, subsidised passengers, extra drivers at a special price (if I know in advance) and free Formula One garages. Incredible value so book now at https://gtrdc.co.uk/collections/events

We are proud to announce that we will have guests from Nissan Japan and Nissan GB at both the social and the Track Day.

It has as usual a 102db drive by and 105db static noise restriction. The static is never a problem, but occasionally when it has been dry with a strong South Westerly wind some cars fail the drive by test on the pit lane straights. Please try and keep the levels down or arrange through your tuner a system that can reduce the noise. So far I have always talked them round and suggested a short shift where the microphones are.

Please do not book directly through Silverstone as I have already reserved 30 places at this discounted prices for all participants. As I said previously, this includes food vouchers and the 8 free pit garages. This is open for all GT-R Register users, GTRDC members, GTROC members, Skyline Owners Club, Battalion30five and anyone else that wants to come and meet us all. It is also not just for Nissan's as many will have other cars that they wish to bring.

This will be on the GT-R Drivers website shop, and please get your names down on this forum as soon as possible as this annual event is always very popular.
Book as soon as it is in the shop - don't delay as on previous occasions a few were disappointed as they left it too late

Our resident GT-R Drivers Club instructor Jake Hill (BTCC driver)will be in attendance for this event

Please add your names to the list below for attending the trackday (doesn't have to be in a Nissan/ Datsun) -

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS

This is the best value and closest hotel to the circuit. This time we are not eating at the adjacent Chef and Brewer as this is a Special Xmas social.
I have just booked and as of today the rate is £48.00 for a double or twin bedded room Silverstone Hotels | Book Cheap Hotels Near Silverstone | Premier Inn

Christmas Social at TBA

I do need to know who will be joining us the evening before on the 15th December as we will be having a special 'Christmas Social' the evening before at a venue near Towcester at 7.30pm for 8pm eating.
Menu choices will to be confirmed by the 10th December. I will be provisionally reserving 35 places but if the numbers do not materialise quickly, I will have to reduce this number as I will be depositing money in the first week of December. (I don't like losing money!)

This social will be a Christmas themed event and I propose to keep the menus below £30.00 a head for a good splash!

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap
06. Maureen (work rota permitting)

Jake Hill Instruction

Jake Hill's fees will be as follows and are still way cheaper than Silverstone's instruction:

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

Below are the Silverstone joining instructions and the various links to the event that you need to read in advance.
Please remember to bring both copies of your driving licence, although really we only need the plastic part.

Please get your names down ASAP for the Social on the Saturday evening 15th December at TBA

The Silverstone Track Day, on Sunday 16th December 2018, will be taking place on the Grand Prix Circuit, running from the Wing, the Formula 1 Pit and Paddock Complex.

Below is important information for your day. If you have booked this for another driver, please forward this information on:
Tuition can be booked in advance with an ARDS Licensed Instructor in your own car. For £45, you will benefit from 20 minutes of valuable guidance. Booking prior to your arrival is recommended to guarantee a place as tuition slots go quickly. (* restrictions apply regarding vehicles) - Note that Jake Hill is more reasonable and has had vast experience with the R33/34/35
Signing on will take place in Media Suite 1 & 2, accessed via Entrance 3 from 7.00 am
If you have never participated in a Track Day on any circuit, please let Silverstone Circuits or myself know ASAP.

Please be advised that the above only applies to someone who has never attended a track day at any circuit. The Novice Driver will only spend two or three laps with an instructor to be assessed for circuit awareness. It is just a familiarisation session.

Access to the Circuit and Paddock will be from 7.00 am on Sunday 16th December 2018
There will only be 2 briefings. We strongly suggest that you sign on when you arrive to avoid any delays and long queues. We do want to be all at the 8.20am briefing
Passengers must be 16 years of age, or over. If the passenger is just 16, please bring some form of identification to confirm their age. We do insist on all passengers attend the safety briefing

Should you miss both briefings, there may be further briefings later in the day. However, this will greatly delay your time on circuit.
The Media Café will be open and available for our Track Day customers and guests

Drivers must bring the plastic current road driving licenses (and/or the equivalent from a country outside the UK)

The fuel station will be open from 8.30 am and based in the National Pit and Paddock - very expensive and only 97 octane

I suggest you fill up before you arrive and from the South there is a Tesco Superstore with Momentum99 just off the A43 at Brackley or a Shell 99 if coming from the North at the A5 roundabout where Silverstone Porsche is on the left.

The timetable is attached for this event, but if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me (John Miskin) on 01296 439888 or mobile 07809 387788 or Silverstone on 01327 320298 or 07980 732895.

Open Pit Lane
8.35 am Sign on closes
*Sighting laps and the Timetable may change subject to daylight hours and weather conditions.

01. Access to the Paddock will be from 7.00 am on the track day date. If you arrive prior to this time, please park in the car park indicated on the approach to the main entrance.
02. All drivers must sign on at the Silverstone Wing, in the Media Suite via Entrance 3 between 7.00am and 8.35am. Sign on times need to be strictly adhered to. Signing on area to be confirmed.
03. Please bring both parts of your driving licence, you must have a full UK driving licence and/or equivalent from a country outside the UK.
04. Drivers MUST be over the age of 17 and hold a full and valid UK driving licence or be over the age of 14 and hold a current Sax Max, Junior Ginetta, Junior Fiesta or T Car licence. Those junior drivers MUST have a grade A ARDS licensed Instructor with them at ALL times.
07. Please ensure you have read the following before attending: Terms and Driver Information.
09. Drivers arriving late for signing on, may risk a delay in being allowed on circuit.

Enjoy your day!
All the best
07809 387788
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Tried copy and pasting but it***8217;s not coming out as a list. I am in for the trackday plus tuition 10:55 and 13:45. I already have a Christmas party on 15th sorry ***x1f610;

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS
04. Fuel Performance

Christmas Social at TBA

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap

Jake Hill Instruction

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

Open Pit Lane
8.35 am Sign on closes

Enjoy your day!
All the best
07809 387788
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap
07. Blade1

·
Premium Member
507 Posts

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS
04. Fuel Performance
05. ants101

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap
07. Sidepipe
08. Mrs. Sidepipe
09. Blade1
10. ants101

Jake Hill Instruction

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

Blade1 - you didn't say whether you were coming to the track day, social, or both.... can you update accordingly or let us know and one of us will do it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Please add your names to the list below for attending the trackday (doesn't have to be in a Nissan/ Datsun)

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS
04. Fuel Performance
05. ants101
06. Purleskyline

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap
07. Sidepipe
08. Mrs. Sidepipe
09. Blade1
10. ants101
11. Purleskyline
12. Mrs purleskyline
13. Matthew E

Jake Hill Instruction

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

Blade1 - you didn't say whether you were coming to the track day, social, or both.... can you update accordingly or let us know and one of us will do it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Maureen's got off work so that's OK but after my op today I have been summoned back for stitch removal on the 14 Dec. Should be OK and we are booked in to the Green Man.

Please add your names to the list below for attending the trackday (doesn't have to be in a Nissan/ Datsun)

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS
04. Fuel Performance
05. ants101
06. Purleskyline

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap (Depending on removal of stitches)
06. Maureen (Depending on removal of Jack's stitches)
07. Sidepipe
08. Mrs. Sidepipe
09. Blade1
10. ants101
11. Purleskyline
12. Mrs purleskyline

Jake Hill Instruction

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LAST CALL FOR THIS GREAT VALUE TRACK DAY AND SOCIAL

This event is just over a week away and could everyone who hasn't paid or made arrangements please go to the gtrdc website and pay please.

01. Papa Smurf
02. Iain Litchfield
03. AKS
04. Fuel Performance
05. ants101
06. Purleskyline

01. Papa Smurf
02. Mrs Papa Smurf
03. Jake Hill
04. Jake Hill partner
05. Mudflap
07. Sidepipe
08. Mrs. Sidepipe
09. ants101
10. Purleskyline
11. Mrs purleskyline
12. Matthew E

Jake Hill Instruction

09.45 - 10.15
10.20 - 10.50
10.55 - 11.25 AKS
11.30 - 12.00
12.05 - 12.35
12.40 - 13.10
Jake's Snack time
13.45 - 14.15 AKS
14.20 - 14.50
14.55 - 15.25
15.30 - 16.00

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hi I’m not looking to track mine still doing the run in, but am I welcome to come down and watch and have a chat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Hi I’m not looking to track mine still doing the run in, but am I welcome to come down and watch and have a chat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You are most welcome.

Normally there's plenty of opportunities for passenger laps as well.

Look forward to meeting you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts